BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i'm looking into getting a 93-95 Ford F150XL. I'm looking for what to lookout for and what is good. I'd ideally like a V8, but would settle with a V6. I'd like to put 35's under it, meaning a lift is needed. How expensive a axle swaps? Are the diffs in F150s a 9" rear and D44 front? What is the gearing. How much of a lift can i put on, without having too alter the drivelines? Any help or directions where i can find the info would be great.
Thanks
Jordan

------------------
87 XJ: 4" lift, 31x10.50 BFG's, roof rack, ramsey 8000 winch, hi lift jack, cb radio, swaybars disconnected, and some other stuff

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
There were no V6s until 97. Up till 95 it was the 300ci inline 6.
The rear is a Ford 8.8, front is a twin traction beam Dana 44.

There is probably lots of info available here, I just do not have much...

Wes

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I had a 96 F150 XL with Air, cruise and tilt V8 (302 cu. in.) 5 spd Manual, Borg T-case, Dana 44 high pinion, and Ford 8.8" rearend. A real smooth riding truck even after the 6" softride lift, and 33" MT. Never got it stuck, only had a couple of problems...once the driver side engine was loose and in between shifts the accelerator got stuck. If you can try and get the automatic tranny, i did not like the 5 spd in this truck. other than that it was pretty good. I'm selling my Skyjacker lift for 80-96 F150/Broncos if you want to jack it up, than 35" tires will fit, I also have a Fuel Inj. chip for F150, K&N Filter, etc...let me know if you buy one!!!

------------------
78 Bronco 351M SM435 NP205, D44 and Ford 9", and all stock!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a friend selling a 95 F150, 302 V8, manual 5 spd, reg cab, short box, stock height, brand new XLT interior with Captains chairs, 31" BFG AT's, never offroad and low KMs. Seriously nice truck, he's selling because he got a company car.

Let me know and I'll put you in touch with him.

Cheers
Dale

------------------
1992 Ford Exploder
6" lift, solid Dana44, 33's

"Soccer mom's car on 'roids"

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is basically what i'm looking for. But i'm still trying to sell my jeep, and i've got to sell my jeep before i buy a truck. Any idea how much hes selling it for? Either way, maybe if i could get a way to contact him and then give him a try if/when i get some bits on my jeep.
Thanks
Jordan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts