BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the guy at the local Radio Shack, they got out of the business a couple of months ago. Crappy Tire has almost no selection. All they had for antennae were small magnetic mount ones. I need a pretty big fibreglass one. I live in Delta, anyone know of a place in the area ?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Find a place that does rigs. Freightliner comes to mind. They'll always stock CBs, and they'll have every size of whip available.

·
Registered
64 Posts
there is a place in Adergrove/Abbotsford area just off the #1 right beside the uhal storage,It is a telus and C.B. radio place.When i remember the name of the place I will get it to you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The best place i've found so far is Freeway Communications, that may be the place sugarray is talking about. If you head down the freeway to the Mt. Lehmon exit, turn south then take your next left right past the traffic lights that will take you along side the freeway and it's just on the right hand side of the road. :confused2

·
Registered
445 Posts
A good place to buy a CB

Another place to buy a good CB is the Peterbilt dealership in Port Kells. I'm just not sure about antennas.:cool: :canadian

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well, they're all in the same area..... Mt. Lehmann exit is right for that place, and all of the big rig places are in Port Kells......

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm looking at buying one *VERY* soon as well. Any place in Vancouver to get a Cobra CB/Firestik II combo with accessories?

Thanks.
Cheers!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well...

Got Cobra 75 WX ST and a Firestik yesterday...so far so good...although I only ran the wires through and mounted the Cobra's small receiver box. Haven't fired it up yet, though.

Anybody know what power I should run the CB off of? I was told to put it on something that has constant power. Apparently, if you don't do that...it resets itself every time you turn off the ignition, etc....and it sounded like a huge pain in the rear-end. Ideas? '02 TJ by the way...

Thanks folks.
Cheers!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi people.

Needing some serious help getting power to my Cobra...I was told to look behind the glove-box for a red and a blue wire that are loose, both marked either 'switched' or 'unswitched'...but all the wirtes are sheilded and none are loose at all. I'm stumped as to how to get constant power to my CB.

Please help if you know how. If you're close to Kits and have some time this week to show me how to do it...the beer's on me. :) Thanks.

'02 TJ btw.
Cheers!

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Yes the instructions say to run constant power to your CB or it resets itself every time you turn off the ignition. They're wrong in my opinion. I have my Cobra 75 WX ST hooked to ignition power and it hasnt reset to default or erased my memory presets yet. I leave it on all the time too, so if there was going to be a memory loss it would happen. But it hasnt.

As for the power, do you really expect your vehicle to be prewired? If you want constant power just run your wires straight to the battery.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That sounds great...now if only I knew how and where to run the wires thru the firewall....

Suggestions? Thanks very much for taking some time to reply, btw. :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
120 Posts
find a drill and a drill bit...(or find a hole allready made..does your tj have an aftermarket allarm install???) and go through the firewall at a place where it wown't interfere with anything....u want it close to the battery so u don't have wires all over the place....(them get a gromet to keep the wires from rubbing against the metal)
i am running a couple wires through the firewall....(rocklights,drivinglights,allarm, and am doing it all through one hole...made by the guys when they did my allarm install.......)good luck...and btw, did you get a firestick2???

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well...I fi8nally found a rubber gasket with nothing going through it that I was able to cut an 'X' into and bring the wires through it without a problem. CB works like a charm now.

I beleive I got a Firestik...not sure about 'Firestik II' as I'm assuming it would be labeled as such somewhere...it's black with a red tip, and 4' tall. I'll have to check it out in the morning...anyways...I got it on special from Gemini, and I got the Cobra from NSOR.

I've yet to actuallly talk to anybody on it yet...but it seems to work fine. We'll see next time I'm on the trails I guess.

Cheers people! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.