BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am comming down to the coast from penticton. I will be going 4xing with a buddy we both have first gen 4Runners with 22re's running 5.29 with 35's. No Lockers but I have a winch. We will be going on thusrday durring the day to nite. We want a modreate trail as my buddy drives his daily and has just put all new fiberglass fenders on with new Paint(www.toyotafiberglass.com). Mine has to get me home to penticton. Other people are welcome to come along. What I am looking for is directions to a good trail we will enjoy.

This thursday the 1st of april. 2010

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'd just drive up to 3rd beach and start exploring. There's a bunch of trails and roads that head up into the hills near there. Lots of stuff to explore and I'm sure you can easily find something good :)

I highly recommend a backroad mapbook.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I have been to Stave once before, my friend is new to the area. Is 3rd beach just the 3rd beach of stave lake? I have spent lots of time exploring around were I live and it takes many trips and some times lots of hours to find good trails. I was looking for a more defined answer as to were a some what fun trail for what we are driving might be. I dont want to spend all day driving on logging roads that are looked after. If you were to come here I would have trails around here to sugest. Some were iI knew I could take my truck stock but wouldent bother going now and ones were it was sketchy without lockers. And Mud holes that barried my 35's and took two trucks to pull me out of. Just looking for some good advice. Maby GPS co-ordinates of were a good entry point of a trail. PM me if you dont want to post it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
So I have been to Stave once before, my friend is new to the area. Is 3rd beach just the 3rd beach of stave lake? I have spent lots of time exploring around were I live and it takes many trips and some times lots of hours to find good trails. I was looking for a more defined answer as to were a some what fun trail for what we are driving might be. I dont want to spend all day driving on logging roads that are looked after. If you were to come here I would have trails around here to sugest. Some were iI knew I could take my truck stock but wouldent bother going now and ones were it was sketchy without lockers. And Mud holes that barried my 35's and took two trucks to pull me out of. Just looking for some good advice. Maby GPS co-ordinates of were a good entry point of a trail. PM me if you dont want to post it.
Huh. That kinda sounds like it defeats the purpose I have behind wheeling. Exploring. Personally, I hate knowing I'm leaving point A, going to point B, wheelin' around a bit, then leaving back for point A again.

Maybe it's just me, but I like the fun of exploring.

Just my humble 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the help. I finally got in contact with a old friend and he is takeing the two of us to Harrison for a full day of wheelin. Should be a blast. Good friends, good trails and seeing parts of beautifull BC. That is what it is all about to
me. I will try to post pics.

·
Registered
52 Posts
4runner86

When are you planning on heading to Harrison? I am trying to get a group together for Fri or Sat. Do you guys want to meet up, and get a few trucks out? Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks Sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.