BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 88 GMC Suburban and I am trying to find a snorkel that will bring the air intake up to the roof level. I know they make one for this model, but I am having no luck locating one. Anyone have any leads?

·
Registered
465 Posts
homemade?
unless u want it to look pretty
maybe arb has something..
but keep in mind.. it cost about 400 or something so homemade can cost u about 30 bux or something..
maybe more or less..

·
Registered
453 Posts
anyone have pics of their homeade chev snorkel, i'd be into making one if they look and function good

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured they might be pricey, but if I find the one I want, it might be worth it. I am tired of plowing into deep mud or water and stalling out. I also think the molded snorkel might also hold up better against heavy abuse.

·
Registered
465 Posts
maybe using a metal pipe (3 inch wide ones or even 4)that way it will be stronger than pcv pipes

and yes a good picture would be handy since i would like to eventually make one someday
and was thinking of using a box filter type.. instead the one on top of the carb..
simlar what jeep has (new jeeps) something like that.. well any good ideas would be awesome

G

·
"As in May 2002, 4-wheeler"
K&N has a cast alum. plenum (PN85-1060) that bolts to your carb to give you a 4" outlet then you can use a 4" dia. silicon hose to act as a flexible coupling to some 4" PVC pipe attached to the body. K&N recomends this plenum be used only on low revving V-8's as it will become a power restriction at high RPM.

·
Registered
465 Posts
wonder how much for that part..
hope its cheap.. if so illc onsider making it asap :)
and surprised to know that 4 inch is too small for high reving engine..

4 inch is bigger than what the stock ones are (its like 1.5 inch on the end..

G

·
Just the other day in Vernon saw a Chev short box with a home made snorkle, looked to be made from stainless pipe 4"-5", going up the pass. pillar. looks good, maybe someone else on the board knows him????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts