BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the 83 and newer pick ups were never shipped to the States, and that only a handfull of 85's arrived in Canada (60 I believe), But what countries got shipped these babies? Australia? Europe? Any OZ owners willing to give a bit of guidence?
I am looking to track a Sammi P/U down. I prefer a 85+ Vs. the older SJ410, but I'll take what I can get, no prob!!

------------------
have acreage , will fill

·
Registered
75 Posts
There was a guy in Langley that had 2 of them in his yard for sale but I think he's long since sold them. His name is Paul and you can call him at 888-7664.

Check out the suzuki section on off-road.com, there should be some info on the zuke pickup there.

You could always try to find a lwb and just put a box on it like Reo from No Limits did.

Good luck,
Robin.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but the number I tried was some old lady who never had any Zuks and didn't know a Paul. Worth a try though!

Is the frame on a LWB sammi the same as a pick up? Would a P/U cab bolt onto a LWB frame?

------------------
have acreage , will fill

·
Registered
75 Posts
Maybe try this number: (cel) 329-1269, if that doesn't work then I guess he moved or something.

I don't know if the frames are the same, I would imagine that they aren't. Check out this site and maybe try to email the guy, he seems to know quite a bit about the lwb's, http://root.moose.ca/~zukinugen/ .

Good luck,
Robin.

·
Registered
24 Posts
call keven bland in north van he has one in his shop all dismantled that he bought from me.230 7954

------------------
Roz

·
Registered
24 Posts
all so the long body frame is the same with differnt shock mount gas tank
it would be eazy to cut the back off a rusty long body and build a new deck

------------------
Roz

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW!
I Take one evening off to pick something up in town (Thanks Dave!), and my Cup runneth over!

Great heads up guys!

------------------
have acreage , will fill

·
webwheeling...
1,475 Posts
You're welcome Jim,
Let me know if you need anything else. There is tons more stuff laying around between our group so just ask!

------------------
Dave

·
webwheeling...
1,475 Posts
Hey Sniffy!
No p/u stuff but I need to converse with you on another matter.
I've recently discovered that the outer casting on the block of my 4.3L Vortec where the motor mounts bolt to is broken. I know that you've got that 4.3L sitting around. Do you know if I can bolt my vortec heads and intake and exhaust to it?! I am in the process of dealing with the wrecker who sold it to me but I want to know what my options are.
thanks,

------------------
Dave

·
Registered
419 Posts
WELL if your looking at buying a samurai p/u I know of a guy at my work who's got one, its in pretty rough shape, but if your willing to put the TLC then thats fine.
Do you live locally to the Fraser Valley in BC?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey throttle if sniffy passes up on the zuk p/u i'd be interested in takin a look at it.

------------------
4 By High

·
Registered
35 Posts
there is a 1980 LJ81 (pick-up) for sale in nanaimo it's in the buy, sell, and trade, it looks really good ,body looks solid and it's low mileage ,#741-0525
dan

------------------
89 sidekick
3" body lift
700x15's

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HI there!
Dowco (my ISP) was down for a bit and I couldn't get back sooner... Talk about withdrawl!!

1- Sorry Dave, I'm about 90% sure that the Block castings are different between the vortec and non vortec blocks, even though they are both second generation 4.3's (the old 4.3 buick's were anchors). Best to call an engine shop to make sure. If you need to confirm it, I can bring out the block next time I'm in your area. Just let me know and I'll throw it in the truck for you to look at.

2 - Sammi Pick ups prior to the SJ410 style (83?) are a bit small for me. Looking for an '83, '84, 85.
The guys that I've contacted wanna keep their trucks, but Keven Bland was nice enought to toss out a few leads.
Hey Throttle, I'm in the Abby area during the day. How can I get a hold of this guy, or you?
Best way to get a hold of me is Via Email as long as Dowco can hold their Chilliwack ISP together long enough for me to grab my email.( I seem to be allergic to phones receintly..)
[email protected]

If anyone is curious about sourcing POST 85 samurai Pick ups, give me a note. I've been chatting with some people from Oz who have a stack of them (right hand drive though) and have been inquiring about shipping to see if it worth while.
Apparently a running early 90's Stockman (an Australian Sammi pick up) will set you back about $4800 usd. Sweet looking too!
Freight is about $2300 usd plus crating costs (?). *Sigh*.....
http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/sezook/images/adds/93-stockman-p2.jpg

To look at it....

------------------
have acreage , will fill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts