BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please enjoy our pics and trip report to Lookout Lake that we went on last Friday (Good Friday)

Seven trucks met up at Weaver to air down and then made our way to the northern approach to Lookout Lake. West Harrison FSR was pretty clear all the way to turn off only passing one ATV’er. They have done some fresh logging in the area making the old trial up to Lookout not that difficult anymore.
About 1/2 way up the trail we hit fresh snowfall (and was still snowing)
Made it to the Lake, roasted some hotdogs, took some pictures of the lake and proceeded to head around the lake through 6”-8” of snow.
All trucks made it around and back down the other side without any issues.

Headed down Hale to let the kids play at the beach. We did run into a bit of a traffic jam going down the “hard line” at Hale when a few trucks were trying to go up. One of which was not really equipped to do so... oh well!

All in all, fun day even with all the rain and snow!

Mike
Wheel Tire Snow Vehicle Car

Water Sky Water resources Plant Snow

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Snow

Water Sky Water resources Mountain Plant

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Snow

Water Sky Cloud Mountain Natural landscape

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Plant

Water Water resources Dog Plant Mountain

·
ultimate web wheeler
2,359 Posts
very nice! that lake looks beautiful dusted in snow...have yet to visit that one. tried a couple times before, but couldnt find the way in. did you go in through hale FSR? or did you take the way in past sunrise (i think theres one there?) looks like the kids had a great time... :beer

lars, is this attachment setup new? they're clickable and thumbnailed with slideshow. how does one set pics up that way?

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
lars, is this attachment setup new? they're clickable and thumbnailed with slideshow. how does one set pics up that way?
This version of the board software was having problems with displaying the signature text over top of some large image attachments, so I switched back to displaying thumbnails by default instead of the full sized image. On the plus side, this version of the software also has an improved Javascript that implements the prev/next control so it's easy to go through all the attachments in a post. Good thing, too, because I've increased the max attachments per post to around 20 or so files.

When are you gonna get out and take more 4x4 photos!?

Oh, the short answer is that you don't need to do anything to get that fancy new slideshow feature. It's all standard when you upload attachments.

...lars

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

PM me and I'll give you the info on how to get there.
We figured it out a few years ago from the online fisheries maps.
With the current logging going on things are a bit different.

M

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, we didn't... more like couldn't. See that big Ford, well, his starter blew and he was parked right at the trail head and wasn't moving! lol
But yes, fun little trail!

·
Registered
33 Posts
thanx for posting pics up mike...my camera just took snowflake pics. this trip was very easy compared to last time, new tires made a big difference. we need to find a harder destination...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.