BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbour at work was asking about Lookout Lake near Sunrise to go fishing. Looking at my Backroads map book there looks to be a couple of ways to get there. From the south Hale Creek FSR also from about KM 26 on Harrison West. Or from the north from the Mystery Creek-Harrison West junction. He has a stock late model F150 4x4 so the easiest route would be preferred.

Thanks
JP

·
Silverback
1,270 Posts
With a full-size, he should avoid the Hale Creek approach. It's grown in and will be hard on his truck.

I haven't been on the other road this year and am curious - so have him report back the road conditions after he goes.

·
Registered
108 Posts
my stock xj w/ open diffs made it up just fine. i went via harison to mystery. entrance is a hundred m. from the junction.(caught a nice fat 14'' bow to).

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice lake. Just drove the upper hale creek way into lookout lake and I won't do it again unless I want to cut a lot of overhangs. Lotsa deep scratches all over and my fender mounted CB antenna came close to getting ripped out from all the thick stuff hanging low across the trail. Definitely grown in! Many places you couldn't see the trail for the bushes and other spots which used to be very rough has leveled out somewhat due to runoff.
The easy way from mystery creek was a cake walk and mighty short compared to the other.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Billy Goat said:
Nice lake. Just drove the upper hale creek way into lookout lake and I won't do it again unless I want to cut a lot of overhangs. Lotsa deep scratches all over and my fender mounted CB antenna came close to getting ripped out from all the thick stuff hanging low across the trail. Definitely grown in! Many places you couldn't see the trail for the bushes and other spots which used to be very rough has leveled out somewhat due to runoff.
DUDE! That sounds like the way to GO! I might try that one now!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Any updates on the mystery creek access as i am planning a fishing trip there this weekend.

Cheers,Mitch

·
Silverback
1,270 Posts
I haven't been up there yet this year, but the Mystery Creek access was fine all of last year. Generally an easy road. There's one spot where you'll need to take your time - bit of a rock median and a choice of climbing the wall and/or straddling the shoulders of the gulley. The Hale Creek side is accessible, if a little overgrown, but you can still do it, even in a full-size. Just be prepared to be pushing a lot of brush and beware any hidden timber that'll take out a side window if you hit it just wrong.

You do realize that you're reviving a 2002 thread, yes?

·
Registered
152 Posts
haha yes i did realize that it was a shot in the dark... and I think it might be time to change to a jeep soon or atleast a bush truck the scratches are adding up down the sides...

·
Registered
535 Posts
I went up to look out on april 10 th..
the road up is easy for any truck.. itll be the entrance to the lake that will give you some trouble. Its got a couple deep pools at the entrance.

but basically go up the fsr, stay to the left. you ll find this spot.. go down th is trail about 2 mins.. your at look out.
This is what it looks like.. was from last summer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it possible to get to lookout lake via mystery creek access with a honda crv (real time all wheel drive)? It has done well on steep small rock type roads.

·
Trail Pimp
316 Posts
wow ive never been up there but that lake looks killer
Some decent terrain through the Mystery Creek side, and the lake is really really nice. Super clean for swimming. Access down to the lake from the Mystery side is pretty steep, but do-able for a built rig......

To all otheres interested in the fishing reports on this lake.........Stay the fack away from my fishing hole :finger_1:

·
Registered
259 Posts
A little bit of a Rock median???? when I did the Mystery crk way last year in my lifted Ranger with 33' M/T is was definetly a task of bumping and weaving.. the long way around was WAY easier ...

But if ya don't feel like pinstriping ... good luck my friends!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
A little bit of a Rock median???? when I did the Mystery crk way last year in my lifted Ranger with 33' M/T is was definetly a task of bumping and weaving.. the long way around was WAY easier ...

But if ya don't feel like pinstriping ... good luck my friends!!

Stupid Ranger! bwaaaaaa

1 - 20 of 38 Posts