BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could ask them directly but thought I would ask here as others may be wondering and I know someone (Lars or Wes?) will know the answer...

Just wondering if the Lordco discount cards that we used to get when renewing/signing up for a membership are still valid. I only ask because I used to get a new one every year and this year I got a different card for Pat's Driveline, Hydrasteer, etc. I then looked at last year's Lordco card and noticed that there is no expiry date.

So...is it still good or have they pulled their support? I hope it's still good because it was a great perk for signing up.:confused:

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I am no longer the membership coordinator. Cindy Hembrough is the New Membership Coord.

Lordco changed their card issuing policy a year ago. I think having to issue new cards every year was a bit much, so rather then them expiring, they just have issue dates. So the card is good for the life of the card.

Same deal with the Pat's Driveline card.

Make sense?
Wes

·
Chump
624 Posts
Wes Rempel said:
I am no longer the membership coordinator. Cindy Hembrough is the New Membership Coord.

Lordco changed their card issuing policy a year ago. I think having to issue new cards every year was a bit much, so rather then them expiring, they just have issue dates. So the card is good for the life of the card.
....and the old expired cards are still good as well.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Jordan said:

....and the old expired cards are still good as well.
Depends on who is behind the counter.

I have heard back from members that say the expired cards were still accepted. A black mark was just put through the expiry date. While others have had their expired (or blacked out) cards confiscated.

All members last year should have received cards with no expiry date, only an issue date.

Wes

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Yes, new members will get cards.

Since the cards do not expire, there is no need to send cards out to renewing members since they already have a valid card. But if you require a new card with your renewal, ask the membership coordinator nicely and she will likely send you one.

Wes

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
It says 30% on the invoices.

My expired card got confiscated, so I got another expired card that I've been using ever since then :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
lordco robs you anyways. 8 bolts cost me 12 bucks! alder auto it cost me 2.50 for 8 bolts, nuts, and lockwashers.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
well duh, Lordco is not the biggest bolt supplier around, the counterpeople hate looking up part numbers for bolts.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I find it easier to build a decent relationship with one person who you can relate to. I deal with one guy at Lordco. And I get a better price then the card will get me. However that doesn't help me on a Sunday when he isn't working.

Jason

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I agree with you Jason, but thats what I don't like about Lordco, you never get the same price on things, if you phone in you get one price, (and prompt service:rolleyes: ) and if you go in, you get a completely different price. I think everyone gets a discount, everytime I go in, regardless of who I go to, my bill always has a list price, then discount, then final price. But, theres some things you can't get anywhere else,

·
Registered
54 Posts
lordco is a rip off. i went to get a feul pump for my rig and got quoted $217 over the phone without my 30% discount.then when i said it was on account the price was $222 with my 30%.
the same was done time after time
you dont actually get much off the price because the discount is taken off the retail price not off the normal price they would give anyone who walked thru their door. (jobberprice)
so when you call for a quote they give you a price. when you call and say it is on account they mark it up 30% or more first then give you the discount.
you can find almost anything they carry at other parts stores usually cheaper even without the discount. even the isuzu dealer was cheaper for a few of my needed parts.not just by a dollar but a big difference. the other parts shops i have discounts at give me a real discount not a false one
i no longer use lordco for my parts unless i have to

·
Registered
270 Posts
If you're quoted a price on the phone, there's no reason you should pay more than that. Just do your homework and call around, including NAPA, Can. Tire, and even the dealer. One place won't always have the lowest price on everything, and sometimes it pays to pay just a little more for the genuine OEM part depending on the application. (Well, if you own a toy at least). Anyone know about the Can. Tire parts subsidiary? I haven't seen one yet.

·
Registered
KIA SPORTAGE
2 Posts
How do I get a lordco card??

Same deal with the Pat's Driveline card.

Make sense?
Wes
Could I get one as well please

1 - 20 of 20 Posts