BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've been searching locally for over a week with no luck. I my have to get them from the States. Please let me know where I can them locally.

Thanks

------------------
2000 Sahara
4" suspension & 1" body lift, Belly Up, 33" MT/Rs

·
Registered
308 Posts
Originally posted by Dan:
House of Knives is the local maglite parts distributor.
I went to three different locations. I was told that they no longer carry the clamp mounts.

------------------
2000 Sahara

·
Registered
73 Posts
me two!! ever since a recent post by Greg (hello... are you out there?) regarding using something he referred to as "baton clips" in replacement of the maglite clips... I have been calling and searching vancouver hi and low... but still no luck! I'm looking for something to mount a D cell size maglite

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey big4 did you try any of the army surplus store for "baton clips"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there.

About a year ago I bought a couple of those brackets at a store down here in the states called "Sports Authority." I actually still have one in its package. I'd send it to you but this is going in my other Unimog once I get it runnin.

Some of the information off of the back of the package is:
MAG-LITE
D-Cell Mounting Brackets
Model Number: ASXDO26
Part Number: 108-000-426

I can go see if they still sell them if you cannot find them anywhere.

Ken S.
Redmond, WA
ICQ 2121593

------------------
Ken S.
Redmond, WA
11 Vehicles (10 4wheel drive)

·
Registered
193 Posts
They are at 3-vets. They are by the front till. They come in a package with some stupid coloured lenses and a protective lens cover. The only thing usefull is the clips really. The kit costs 15 bux.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where is "three vets" and do they have clear lenses because mine went foggy like frosted glass?

·
Registered
73 Posts
yes I asked for specifically "baton clips" and the replied "baton... what?"... the maglite holders do seem kinda wimpy, ie made of plastic and would break or wear down... three vets in vancouver is more or less directly across from canadian tire, the cambie location.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I bought one accessory kit from 3 Vets and there's another one left. The exact location is 6th and Yukon.

------------------
2000 Sahara

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just ended up duct taping a tube to the role bar. I cant be bother to drive all the way out to Vancouver for some clips.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I got some a little while ago at Dave's surplus in New West.

------------------
norm
'85 BJ70

·
Registered
161 Posts
I found some under my seat in my zuk. It took me a little while to figure out what they where.

------------------
88.5 SOA suzi

·
Registered
396 Posts
This is what I did. Take a 1.5" abs pipe and cut two 1" pieces off one end. Now you cut about 1/4 of the diameter out of the circle and then add a spacer (for offset of the lamp end.) My spacer is 5/8 plywood but you could use nylon, aluminum etc. Cost is free if you have the parts laying around.
Hopefully the picture will explain better than I can on the keyboard.

It holds the Maglite perfectly (never had it drop out) start with smaller opening and make it bigger if you need, the smaller the opening the more tension you will need to release the maglite.

HTH,

WW

WW

------------------
1983 CJ5, 8274, 3" lift, 235/85R/16,OBA, OBW
1984 Chev 3/4 ton 4WD
1999 Dodge Dakota 4WD The dragon's truck!
VW Trail Rail (with snow plow)

[This message has been edited by stihl036 (edited March 23, 2002).]

·
Registered
28 Posts
I too looked nearly everywhere to no avail.

I stumbled across some at Big 5 Sporting Goods in Bellis Fair mall, USA. $5 USD. And it only comes with the mounts, no silly lenses.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts