BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My light came on in the jeep last week. I do not have the 02 sensor hooked up and have not for the past year, no problems. But just recently the seal went on my exhuast at the manifold. I fixed that today.. the codes are flashing 02 circuit 02 lean, 02 rich #11 ignition, 33 clutch relay [no worries there] and a 12 don't know what that is.. I replace cap and rotor today as well. and then un hooked the battery for about 20 minutes. Still on need some advice..

Jason

------------------
92yj d44 front& rear.4.09
33 geolanders
mazda 626 seats
2.5 susp lift 3" body
Ramsey pro+ 8000
SOA coming in Jan bye bye body lift hello 8" suspension lift

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Hook the oxygen sensor back up, of course your mixture is gonna get screwed up if the oxygen sensor isnt sensing.
I think 12 is an open circuit in the air conditioner, which is normal if you dont have air.

------------------
Dan
91 Cherokee, 3" body lift, 2" front lift blocks, Warn XD900i winch, custom narrowed rear seat.
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by jason-ramsey:
My light came on in the jeep last week. I do not have the 02 sensor hooked up and have not for the past year, no problems. But just recently the seal went on my exhuast at the manifold. I fixed that today.. the codes are flashing 02 circuit 02 lean, 02 rich #11 ignition, 33 clutch relay [no worries there] and a 12 don't know what that is.. I replace cap and rotor today as well. and then un hooked the battery for about 20 minutes.
Actually the CHECK ENG light flashes the diagnostic error codes. The MAINT REQ light is simply timer-activated and tells when you should change your O2 sensor.

Code 12: Memory standby power lost (battery cable disconnected).

Code 11: Ign. reference signal - no distributor reference signal detected during engine cranking.

Perhaps you should put a meter on the signal pickup on your distributor? I'd also hookup the O2 sensor. For what reason did you disconnect it? I'd also change the sensor if it's time. How many km on it?

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Lars funny you should mention that. [why I unhooked the 02] Well lets just say the first one got caught in my front drive shaft and yanked out the wires.. And after paying 90 bucks for a new one [dealer item at that time] I drove around for awhile and didn't notice a differance.. So when the wires got pulled again I never replaced it. But now that they are cheaper I am going to just haven't got around to it. I called the dealer today they want 55 bucks to turn it off. My thoughts are I don't need that bulb anyways. So thanks for the info guys...

Jason

------------------
92yj d44 front& rear.4.09
33 geolanders
mazda 626 seats
2.5 susp lift 3" body
Ramsey pro+ 8000
SOA coming in Jan bye bye body lift hello 8" suspension lift

[This message has been edited by jason-ramsey (edited January 17, 2002).]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey jason

you can unplug the timer and save fity bux.
I believe its in a little clear looking box just above the gas pedal if you turn the jeep on you will see some little dials turning thats the box jus un plug it and watch the maint req lite go bye bye

Jason
can anyone else confirm what I just said
thx

------------------
1990 YJ. Lots O'Fun
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.