BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
max pinion angel

I am welding on my spring perchies right now and i am wondering if i should bolt everything up, then weld them to the axel or if i should weld them while my axels are out of the jeep.:confused:
-Also i need to know what is the max degree for my pinion angle on the front(i think i remember someone saying 4 degrees) and the rear?
- Does any one run a sway bar with a leaf over and is there any noticible difference with it.

Everyones input is needed
thanx
tim

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Re: max pinion angel

mr jeep said:
I am welding on my spring perchies right now and i am wondering if i should bolt everything up, then weld them to the axel or if i should weld them while my axels are out of the jeep.:confused:
Tack 'em in place, bolt everything up, take it for a careful drive and check for vibrations. If none, then finish the welds. If the springs are new, you might want to flex the susp a lot in order to settle the springs.

-Also i need to know what is the max degree for my pinion angle on the front(i think i remember someone saying 4 degrees) and the rear?
Depends on the diff although 20 deg in the rear is generally considered max. You shouldn't have any issues with the front since the front shaft is so much longer than the rear. I can't see you using an angle up front that is going to cause oil starvation.

- Does any one run a sway bar with a leaf over and is there any noticible difference with it.
Yup and there's a huge diff. with and without.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Get an angle meter!!! The angle on the transfercase output should be exactly oposite to the diff input angle. ( tilt the diff down about 2 deg because it will tork up on aceleration.

If you run a CV rear drive shaft then the diff should point at the transfercase output.

I have an 82 cj7 and am running more the 20 deg drive shaft angle with little to no vibration. But i have the T case lowered! Which give less clearance, so try to run a CV if u can!:)

I think you should run your sway bar, you just need to shorten the links. Or take it out, mine is out ( very loose )

Check it twice, I had to cut my perches off and re-weld them NOT FUN:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts