BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
those trucks were crap until 1994. the frames had serious rust problems, they were gutless as hell, burned oil and drove like a Yugo. drive some other brands around your price range to compare.

in '94 they became the same thing as a ranger which was a definite step up....

·
Registered
742 Posts
The motor is a mitsubishi motor and are known for blowing the timing chains out of them. they run 2 chains, one drives a balance shaft and are often run without the tension being set properly. Yes they are manually adjusted timing chains. My opinion of the motors is run away.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had a b2200 and it was great, I didn't have to put a dime in to it. I thought about getting the B2600 but if I looked at 10 B2200 9 would have good motors, if I looked at 10 B2600 4 would have good motors. It seamed like most needed a head gasket if not more

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
A buddy of mine just bought one for $1000, its an extra cab 5 spd but its a roach... Bottom end is so loose you can see the crank moving back and forth, if you fill it with more than a half tank of gas it leaks from the rusted fuel tank etc.

·
Registered
107 Posts
having a trany rebuilt at 160,000k would be a good indication to the quality of the drive train. The frame rots out around the rear most spring hangers. head gaskets are a major issue due to over heating trying to do the speed limit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.