BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm still debating weither or not to invest in a set of mickey thompson baja belted 39x18x16.5. Does anyone have any critism on these tires, good or bad would be appreciated. thanks

------------------
87 chevy K3500 longbox, running 35's and a mild 350

·
Registered
147 Posts
They scored kinda low on a shoot out in one of the magazines, but what that means to you and me, who knows, as I have never used them, and know nobody who has, some of those shoot outs are kinda biassed too.

------------------
Love is like a snowmobile ride across the frozen tundra.
Then your ski doo flips pinning you underneath...
At night the Ice Weasels come!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've heard that their fairly soft tires, and are smaller than advertised, ie. if you want a 33" mt tire, you get the 35's. So your 39's might be like 37's. I think if you are going to go with real mud tire, go with Interco, get their TSL radial, get them siped and they'd last longer than the mickeys. I've never had them, just word of mouth. Their a cool tire, but i think there are other better tires for that price. Oh ya, either the claw or the radial has weak sidewalls, their awesome in sand though apparently.
Jordan

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I wouldn't get them because the pricing at tire shops is based on volume of sales for that particular brand, like everything else for that matter...if they sell only five per month vs. if they sell 300 per month of another obviously their supplier will give them a better deal. Go with the the TSL's!

------------------
Shopping List...
15"x8" wheels 5x5.5" BCD
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by desteurm (edited February 27, 2002).]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can get a set of four with about 85 to 90% tread, four $1400.00 with rims. Just wondering if its worth it. Didn't really want them that big though. Running 35s now, not even sure thats the ideal size for me. Thanks for the input anyways guys.

------------------
87 chevy K3500 longbox, running 35's and a mild 350

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Unless those are really fancy rims I would say they are not worth that.

------------------
Coquitlam Crawlers
------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
360 V8, TF-727, NP-205, D44 front, chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker
http://members.shaw.ca/jaretthumphrey

·
Registered
302 Posts
my buddy has the 35 inch baja claws.he paid alot of money for them,but we have been up in snow and mud and i run 35 inch bfgs and there is no way i could compete they are awesome tires quiet on the highway also compared to my bfgs,but he also got the radials and not the extreme ones i believe they are the bias ply.they have alot more knobs sticking out and a bit higher.but all in all if you have the money and can buy them second hand give er

1 - 7 of 7 Posts