BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions where to get a good price price on a Miller MIG welder? I had free use of a Millermatic Passport for the past year and I have to give it back. I like the machine and I'm thinking of getting a Millermatic 211. Nothing too heavy duty but enough for garage fab work. KMS has them at list price.

Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought the 211 w/ autoset at KMS during their past welding sale month, I think it was 1100. My first MIG welder and its awesome, been using it for a fair bit of bodywork lately. Not sure when they'll do that sale again but it might be worth waiting for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I picked up my auto-set 211 from KMS at their 3 day sale about 9 months ago. It was $960.00. I also got the matching cart that was another $80.00 a month later during the 3 day sale. Having the miller cart is well worth the money. The machine is well made and easy to use, I just have not had the time to use it much.

·
Registered
262 Posts
$960!? thats a killer deal. usually they're around 1100 or 1050. i got mine there way back for 1050 with cart. love it.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Any suggestions where to get a good price price on a Miller MIG welder? I had free use of a Millermatic Passport for the past year and I have to give it back. I like the machine and I'm thinking of getting a Millermatic 211. Nothing too heavy duty but enough for garage fab work. KMS has them at list price.

Thanks.
I remember a lordco employee on this board saying they were going to be a dealer. If you knew someone that got employee discount would probably be cheap. I bought two used millers and never had a problem with either.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
just watch craigslist. decent welders come up often. people buy them with intentions of doing serious fab work at home..... 2 years later it's had 2 hours of use on it and it's taking up space in the garage.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picked up a Miller 211 at KMS. Played around with some 1/8" scraps for fun. "Auto Set" is a bit gimmicky but it's a nice machine to run. Using 240 V so it's supposed to weld up to 3/8". More than I usually need.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting. The machine came with a 2 lb roll of Hobart wire, which I was using, and I bought a 10 lb roll of Blue Shield wire at KMS too. Will have to see if there is a difference. Didn't check where it was made.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
We went through about a roll every 2 days at work of cheap wire. The only difference I noticed depended on how clean the base metals were. Be interesting to see how you make out.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i bought a 211 back in 2010, build a few things with it including 2 trailers, 2 12lb rolls later its been an awsome machine, you wont be disapointed with it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts