BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks for reading this - We're hoping anyone wheeling in the Chilliwack Lake area can keep their eyes peeled for a missing person (and truck). My brother's soon to be father-in-law has been missing since Saturday afternoon (1:30pm) after leaving the provincial campground to run to town for gas. He was driving a mid 00's GMC Sierra, champagne color, lifted with aftermarket tires and wheels (I'm waiting for exact details and a picture). We're not sure that we was 4x4ing as he was only supposed to be going for gas, but it's a possibility we need to check - we've searched along the road from Chilliwack to the lake several times and didn't see any signs of someone veering off the road or going into the bushes. I just got back from towing his trailer back into town for his very worried wife. We're checking with the gas stations, bank, credit card company, towing companies, etc. to see if there's any information that might help but there's been nothing yet. If you think you may have seen a similar truck in the area, please message me or call the Chilliwack RCMP at 604-792-4611
Thank you, every extra set of eyes could help bring him home. I'll provide more information as soon as I get it.
:help:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
would he be the type to take the chipmunk creek road to slesse?

Hoping for the best.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, no luck yesterday though. We did find out that he at least made it down the road into Chilliwack and got gas and groceries (although we aren't 100% sure it was even him using the credit card yet, still waiting on surveillance video). Hopefully more information soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RCMP Press Release below:

File #2011-22322

Police requesting assistance to locate missing Abbotsford man

Chilliwack, BC: On July 24, 2011, Chilliwack RCMP received a call from a woman advising that her husband was missing from their campsite at Radium Campground at Chilliwack Lake.

Richard Charlie Korkowski went camping on July 20th with family at Chilliwack Lake. He left the campsite on July 23rd at 1:30 to go to town for fuel for their generator as they were spending one more night there. He never returned to the campsite nor to his residence in Abbotsford.

Richard Korkowski is described as Caucasian, 39 years old, 5'8" (173 cm) tall, weighs 190 pounds (86 kg), has brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a bright yellow California t-shirt and jeans. He does not have a cell phone or a jacket with him. He was driving a grey / champagne coloured 2005 GMC Sierra 4x4 extended cab short box pickup with heavy mud treads and black rims with silver around the edges and BC licence plates G50200.

This is very out of character for Mr. Korkowski and he has no history of this kind of behaviour. The family is very concerned for his well being and are pleading for help in locating him.

Please contact Chilliwack RCMP at 604-792-4611 if you have any information.

Photos of Richard Korkowski and his truck, as well as a Missing Poster created by the family are attached.

Released by:

Cpl. Tammy Hollingsworth

Media Relations Section
Upper Fraser Valley Regional Detachment
Phone: (604) 702-4017
Fax: (604) 702-4045
Cell: (604) 819-5553

·
Registered
178 Posts
i just read in the province news papaer that he was found and is ok

·
Registered
178 Posts
this is all i know

A 39-year-old man is safe and unharmed after being reported missing from his campsite near Chilliwack Lake.

Richard Charlie Korkowski, of Abbotsford, went camping on July 20 with his family at Chilliwack Lake, but never returned after leaving at 1:30 p.m. to go to town for fuel.

Once Korkowski heard media reports of his disappearance he made contact with police.
© Copyright (c) The Province

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I am very interested in the story behind this as well. Very curious what happened here. Did he meet some ladies en-route whose campsite was more interesting or something??

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Once Korkowski heard media reports of his disappearance he made contact with police.
© Copyright (c) The Province
well that statement sure leaves some questions doesn't it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yikes, no kidding - this makes me a lot less concerned about the dent we put in his other truck towing his trailer home...
I still have no idea what the whole story is though, probably because he's still trying to think of a good one.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
he drove from chilliwack lake to town, bought gas and groceries with the intention of going back and then changed his mine.

me thinks he picked up a certain kind of hitch hiker that persuaded him to take some time off from the rest of his life....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.