BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the new OME 2" rear springs installed but the truck is higher on the passenger's side by one full inch. I'll have to figure it out tomorrow I guess.

Also I now have to get my drive shaft lengthened. LOL... oh well, I kinda figured that I would have to do it anyway. It was kinda funny because I had my neighbour over to watch and see if I could get out the garage door (doubtful... LOL
) and when I went to back out of my garage and there was this clang clang clang noise. My drive shaft fell apart!!!
Heeheehee... ooops!!!

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Calgary, Alberta
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

[This message has been edited by Paul (edited September 14, 2000).]

·
Silverback
1,270 Posts
I know that on my XJ's OME kit, the front coil on the driver's side is slightly longer than on the passenger side to compensate for driver's weight (they're mis-labelled from the factory because of the down-under wrong-side-of-the-road penchant).

But hey, I don't even know if you're talking leafs or coils....just a thought.

------------------
DMMcG
'98 XJ

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are leafs. There is a + on one spring and a - on the other. I was told by ARB that the + means it is more lift than spec and the - is less than spec and that a 0 marking on the spring would be exact. I put the + on the driver's side but still it leans quite a bit that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.