BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, apparently I never got around to posting pics of our wicked awesome adventure this past September, so here goes.

Ahhhhh, that tastes good.

·
ultimate web wheeler
2,359 Posts
awesome sheldon. talk about wheeling heaven.... moab: good times for lil kids and big kids. i gotta get there one day. not sure on the setup around there, but are there campsites/cabins/whatever where you stay and just head out on day trips? im guessing everything is within short distance to accommodations?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
awesome sheldon. talk about wheeling heaven.... moab: good times for lil kids and big kids. i gotta get there one day. not sure on the setup around there, but are there campsites/cabins/whatever where you stay and just head out on day trips? im guessing everything is within short distance to accommodations?

Most of the wheeling is right around the town. There is many campgrounds with cabins and hotels, very tourist friendly place. You can hire guides or just head out on your own. We ran all red (difficult) trails and most weren't that difficult but could really mess you up if you aren't paying attention. There are easy and moderate trails and the views are spectacular.

We hooked up with some locals that showed us the cool stuff and proper lines.

Very friendly place. We will be going back.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Good stuff, thx Sheldon. We had planned on going back again this year but.... reality got in the way.:help: I could spend a couple of months a year in the Southwest, so much to see and do.:eek:mg:

At least we can live the dream vicariously via you and others. Thx for sharing:beer

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya, I wanna get back there next year. Was planning a trip into BC, but that may have to wait.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya, that was kinda funny, everyone was yelling "don't move stay there we need pictures" So he stayed there and then said "OK, everyone got their pics yet?" in a 'I wanna get 'er back down on all fours' tone.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Golden Crack on Golden Spike trail. Mild to wild can make it through. Notice the Colorado river in the background and oh ya, the huge storm rolling in. We got soaked about an hour after these pics where taken. Thankfully we were on top of the land and not in a canyon where the flash flooding was happening.

Launch Pad, yes it really is that steep. You have to tell yourself that lots of people have driven it and your not going over backwards.

Airing up/lollypop time

1 - 14 of 14 Posts