BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been to Molybdenite Lake.Its just south of lillooet off the Texas creek FSR.Supposed to be a class 6 4x4 and a beautiful lake but i also heard it was a watershed. I would hate to drive up there (4 hours+) to find a gate.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its been a couple years since I've been up there, so I couldn't comment on whether there are gates up there, but the trail is no where near a 6 (I assume you are talking about the 4 wheelers companion rating). I'd say a 3 tops - a few steepish sections, a bit off camber, but really nothing a stocker would have any difficulty doing. It feels quite remote there so maybe that had some effect on the rating.

Very beautiful spot, but a bit inhospitable for camping - cold and windy even in August - I think the elevation is about 7,500 ft. Alpine meadows, big sweeping valley, etc. Also, no fish. Scenery is worth the trip and there is a nice clearing about 4km back down the trail to camp at.

Hope that helps and that there are no gates on the route.

Dave.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the great info i'm new to the sport and the 4wd ass. of B.C. so im over eager to try unique trails,just did Whipsaw loved the scenery and camping (Lodestone lake in particular) but couldn't help but be disturbed by a few yahoo's ripping up alpine meadows.Thanks again.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well we were camped at Lodestone and one of them came down and we started talking, he asked us where they could camp as i was mentioning the beautiful spot to the right of the F.S site that we were at about 100 meters away his buddy starts ripping it up.We made a few remarks about road closures due to inconsiderate use and he said halfheartidly that he'd say something to him. Exuse me for being self righteous (and a real slow typer) but why would you do something so stupid.Oh well never try to figure out the ignorent.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
G.J.T.J said:
We made a few remarks about road closures due to inconsiderate use and he said halfheartidly that he'd say something to him. Exuse me for being self righteous (and a real slow typer) but why would you do something so stupid.Oh well never try to figure out the ignorent.
Well, I'm very glad you said something to him. Hopefully they'll keep that in mind the next time.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
105 Posts
Whipsaw

Well GJTJ, don't feel bad about being righteous. You're right.

I won't even go to Whipsaw any more because of the behaviour up there.

When I first went up Whipsaw I camped out for the Thanksgiving weekend and saw four other people the whole time and there were no tire tracks in any meadows.

Two years ago I was camped down below just on the approach to Whipsaw on an August weekend and over period of several hours saw at least 30 4x4 vehicles head up in that direction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts