BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Big question why is there no 4x4 events localy in lower mainland. For exampel Take the red neck flats {stave lake} 1 to 40 trucks at any Given time all haven fun in the mud why cant some one or some people put to gether an event there, like a show and shine but a mud and dine with trophys and camping over night a dance live dj make a big anual 4x4 jambery etc. Why dose everything have to happen so far away when every thing is right in our back yard.

------------------
Play Safe Wheel Safe

·
1,269 Posts
Because we don't all drive big muddin' disco rigs?
In all seriousness a mud jambo at Stave would be cool and I'd definetly go check it out. Let's get some input from some other people and see if we can't put something together!

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Its all about how much would you pay to go to such an event????

Takes time and energy to plan and organize such things. Do you have that kind of time and energy?

Oh yeah, back to my first point, it doesnt seem like it will cost anything, but it does, its hard to find volunteers.

Our club has put on a few events. Lost money on every one of them.

We'll probably put together another event late spring, like a poker run or scavenger hunt. There will be an entry fee and the prizes will not be all that great, but its still fun to win bragging rights

------------------
Dan
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey I have been to a 4x4 event in langley put on buy a fourwheel drive club and it rocked.
If more people are interested my self and posibley some of my friends would be interested in dooing some foot work to get this going.
But why not get all local clubs together tomany to list, what about 4x4 and related companys together and through one big jambery (party) I think if all thees people got to gether for one big no profit or charity event it just might work.
Iam only one person and I would do it all if I could I Know alot of pramoters,DJs,Security,safty comp it is just a matter of people willing to give a little time and if people want to try you have all the help i can give.

------------------
Play Safe Wheel Safe

·
Registered
10 Posts
If something like this were to happen, I'd be willing to put some time in for getting prizes and that sort of thing......You'd be surprised how many businesses are willing to donate things, as they do have budgets for such occassions. I'm also a news cameraman, so I could also donate some time into getting the festivities onto tape for documentation. Anyway, there is my two cents worth !

------------------
wannabee4wheelin

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
come on people give me some info

------------------
Play Safe Wheel Safe
91 YJ Sprun over on 35's

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I Guess only 3 people are interested

------------------
Play Safe Wheel Safe
91 YJ Sprun over on 35's

·
Registered
38 Posts
i think an event like that would be awesome i would definitly be willing to help out. any ideas when we'd have this? like june or july? im back in white rock then so i could help out right now im up in k town for school.

------------------
"power is the ultimate aphrodisiac"

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YEH some one else interested, getting maried in july, maybe august or september.

------------------
Play Safe Wheel Safe
91 YJ Sprun over on 35's

·
Registered
38 Posts
come on you don't want to have a wedding with a whole bunch of trucks there? aug sept works for me to. but where is every one else?even earlier works aswell like may or june.?

------------------
"power is the ultimate aphrodisiac"

G

·
i would be interested also just moved back down to the coast and want to start wheeling again let me know thanks Jason..

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey just need a fue more pople to round up and then I'll see about getting the ball rolling still wouldnt mind hereing from some of the other clubs around to see if they are interested in going for it.
I mean even if it is not a jambery as per say but a weakend event with camping and a live DJed party on a saterday night and it cost no money to go or partisapate in the event, I'll bet more people would be interested. hum

------------------
Play Safe Wheel Safe
91 YJ Sprun over on 35's

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Originally posted by BIG DIGGER:
YEH some one else interested, getting maried in july, maybe august or september.

Why not combine the two? Mud Jambories/Wedding...Every man's dream!

------------------
Goof
------------------
Hot Wheels Safari Hummer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anytime you guys want to go play let me know, i have lots of free time

72 gmc
454,205, d60,c 14 bolt,4 speed,hydraulic setup detroit front and rear
37 boggers, crossover steering, the list just doesnt end, etc etc etc( maple ridge area)

G

·
I don't own a 4x4, but I love going to stave and I love playin in the mud. I'd be happy to help.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.