BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks Blue coyote for all the help you've been offering. the only reason I was thinking a body lift is because its more or less the cheapest. But I've come to the conclusion it really isnt that much of a performance booster anyways, and I need to change my suspension sooner or later anyways(things are a little old down there). I know I'll need to do all springs and all shocks within the next 6 months. Any cheap way I can get some lift from that? I just have to stay cheap and Im really starting to realize IFS isn't exactly on the thrifty side! Aw well...could be a new Chev!

·
Registered
898 Posts
If you just want a "bit" of lift, you can get adjustable camber bushings, a pair of 1-1.5" spacers for under the coils (or get 2" leveling coils for a Ranger), and rework the rear springs. Most of the BII's with the stock springs tend to sag in the back anyway, so adding a leaf or two to the original pack won't hurt your articulation much. Then look for a set of 31's, mount 'em on your rims, and use a rubber mallet (or sawzall if you prefer) to make a little extra clearance at the back of the front wheelwells (you could also put a spacer in the radius arm bushing to push the axle ahead slightly). The TTB CAN be a bit of a hassle to get right, but it doesn't have to be.
At least the TTB is cheaper to work with than the 98+ Rangers...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts