BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know a good place to get a turbo for say a 94 Toyota V6, and how much. A buddy of mine was wonderin what his options are for adding horsepower to his truck

·
Registered
544 Posts
The only person I know of who has turbocharged a 3.0 V6 is Clifton on Pirate4x4,and it is a complete custom job. the only other way to gain alot of power is to swap to something bigger

·
Registered
802 Posts
Does he need to regear? If he's got 31" tires or bigger, regearing will do wonders for him.

Btw, I have turbo for a 1988 RX7 Turbo II that I'll sell cheap; it's in good shape...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I don't think just bolting a turbo on is a good idea, Most likely forged rods and lower compression are in order, not to mention a high volume oil pump and increased sump capacity.
I figure a mod like this , done properly, could cost upward of 6000 bucks with all the electronic management controls. Might be cheaper to swap a sb chevy.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Greg said:
Does he need to regear? If he's got 31" tires or bigger, regearing will do wonders for him.

Btw, I have turbo for a 1988 RX7 Turbo II that I'll sell cheap; it's in good shape...
RX-7 turbo's are totally customized, there is no way you'll fit one onto a Toyota (well...not without a TON of work).

Turbo's themselves are hands down best bang for buck Mod. Although, that isn't including all the work to prep the engine for it.

I'd go with simpler mods. Intake, exhast, cam, and gearing. If you really want to drop some $$$, you could even get a better computer and get it tuned to perfection.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Turbo Setup on a V6 would be all custom, you can do it for cheap but your gains will be minimal to medium, lots of other parts are needed and it will probably look like ****. You wont need forged rods or pistons to run 5-6psi, but if your a nut bar and want to run 10+ yeah i think i'd be upgradin some stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.