BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya...

Put this here, although maybe it should be in the fab section.

I was thinking... there's that "space" between the sami tranny and tcase... suzuki makes motorcycles... up-down shifting is alot more fun that "car" shifting... so....

Anyone tried putting a motorcycle tranny as a second tranny on the zuk (between the existing tranny and tcase)???

Zuks are gutless, so strength shouldn't be an issue and you'd still have reverse from your original tranny.

I've never seen a dual tranny setup so I'm kinda wondering how you'd work the clutch... but other than that... any comments/suggestions?

David

·
Registered
112 Posts
Chris runs dual trannys in his Willys......... I tell you it's hell what with Four pedals in fromt of you and five shifters..........:p

Actually...... you only need one clutch.

I say go for it... just consider the one thing 1300 suzuki Sami motors have over the Motorcycle engines.... Torque (not a lot , but more than a motorcycle)

·
Registered
412 Posts
i think it's a cool idea.
can you guys say "Hayabusa"?
their trannies hold up just fine even when turbo charged to over 300 horsepower and 200 ft. lb. torque. even taking gear torque mutiplication into account, i don't see how one of these could really be hurt.

if i had time and money i would devote myself to trying to drop in a 'Busa engine and tranny just to see what it would be like.

sigh.:D

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lane smith said:
i think it's a cool idea.
can you guys say "Hayabusa"?
their trannies hold up just fine even when turbo charged to over 300 horsepower and 200 ft. lb. torque. even taking gear torque mutiplication into account, i don't see how one of these could really be hurt.

if i had time and money i would devote myself to trying to drop in a 'Busa engine and tranny just to see what it would be like.

sigh.:D
Hmmm... didn't think of a sport bike tranny... was thinking more like on off their cruisers.

*sigh* think I'll go wed wheel for dimensions, gearing, etc.

Hey Ben... how about OTT gives up on the zuki-toy thing and works on some motorcycle adapters =)

David

·
Registered
412 Posts
well y'know..... if one was to get down to the nitty gritty- Yamaha V-max's weren't exactly slugs or under built either, and they had shaft drive:D might be easier to adapt an already equipped beast. heh heh.
hmmm. how about TWO 1400 Suzuki Intruder V-twin engines, (also shaft drive) one for the front axle and one for the rear.....

2.8 litre 12 valve V-"four":D Yum!:*******

1 - 8 of 8 Posts