BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a place where i can get ready brackets?
how could i do this my self?
also, I wanna wire the hellas to my high beams and i wanna wire backup lights to my reverse lights automatically... please help

------------------
89 4runna - antenna mounted w/ zap straps
and twigs, speakers w/ masking tape, door
fell off when i drove it open into a tree

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
if you're just going to use the cheap tractor lights for the reverse, you should be able to just cut the wires running to your current backups and splice them into the tractor lights. i just put a set in myself, but they are on a switch. a little more work, but i would say definetely worth the extra effort.

------------------
"if it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!"
My 1992 Toyota 4x4

[This message has been edited by SizzleChest (edited March 21, 2002).]

·
Registered
325 Posts
I wouldn't cut the reverse light wire, just wire in tractor lights to the rear, in Sask. if your reverse lights don't work on there own(like when you put it in reverse) then it will never pass an inspection. I would just mount the lights the the front alot easier.

------------------
86 4-Runner STILL stock

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
thats what i meant. wire in the tractor lights to the same circuit as the reverse lights so that all four lights come on when ur in reverse. but as i said before, a switch is much better.

------------------
"if it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!"
My 1992 Toyota 4x4

·
Registered
23 Posts
Originally posted by SizzleChest:
thats what i meant. wire in the tractor lights to the same circuit as the reverse lights so that all four lights come on when ur in reverse. but as i said before, a switch is much better.

Doesn't that put alot of extra load on that circuit? Like there would be more current flowing through there, so would the fuse and relay be able to handle the extra load?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Use hte power wire for your brake light as a trigger for a relay system. On my old nissan I wired the new backup lights in with the stock reverse lights and actually lost some brightness out of each set.

I wired the new set in with a relay, seperate power and used the stock wiring to trigger the relay. Made a hell of a difference in power.

------------------
TOY`s Phoenix Gold Car Audio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts