BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is a fella suppost to get a lil mud on his tires these days without risking getting thrown in jail lol? Is there any privately owned mudding holes these days or is the days of friday nite mudding slowly coming to a end? Are the laws on mud bogging and off trail driving/a.t.v.ing as bad everywhere as it is in the okanagan? Thanx

adam

·
Registered
102 Posts
I hear you, the okanagan is steping down on those seeking a little weekend mud fun. They got those yellow signs up at every puddle know a days. As far as I know its the forestry servies job to monitor violaters, I hardly ever see any out and about exept on the Rumble On The Rocks events once a year, I mainly only use my mogg for snow wheelin these days, plus its a lot easier on the rig too.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Postil was nice

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
postil WAS perfect! everybody from all around wheeled in one place keeping the "environmental damage" in one place. now they shut it down any everyone is searching all over tearing up everything from winfield to peachland trying to get a lil muddy or find a cool hill climb. i just dont get why they try to take away all the fun around here???

·
Registered
752 Posts
Sure they can. They can say the lake was created for nature not for mud bogging.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Oh I'm on your side, just saying that's how they'd twist it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
They'll say whatever they have to in order to keep us supressed. I bet if eating dolphin was the cure for cancer they'd say "living with cancer isn't so bad".

·
Registered
63 Posts
if u head up behind kelowna or naramata, get on the power line, there is some good wheeling and a couple mud holes to play in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
postil WAS perfect! everybody from all around wheeled in one place keeping the "environmental damage" in one place. now they shut it down any everyone is searching all over tearing up everything from winfield to peachland trying to get a lil muddy or find a cool hill climb. i just dont get why they try to take away all the fun around here???
postil was perfect, i grew up right below there, but i can see why they shut it down....as much fun as it was, i have videos from before everyone and there dog started going up there and BIG difference...it doesn't even look like the same place.

·
Registered
521 Posts
About Stave: the only reason Stave might be a bad choice is that ******** mudding on the flats might churn up mud near the water which might kill juvenile salmon, which might lead to less nearly-dead salmon for the very same ******** to snag in the spawning channel.

·
Registered
521 Posts
No, salmon stay below the damn, but mud would wash down in the water. I think there would have to be *a lot* of mud churned up to be a real issue. Of all the places to go mudding and not damage the environment, Stave probably isn't a bad place to do it, so long as you don't bring your dishwasher to shoot at then set fire to :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.