BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its coming along , for those of you who have been following ... engine is in , and she purs like a kitten ..
I put on my front end , just the steel fenders for now , I have some glass ones in the works ... new hood , and "smoothie" cowl .. and wanted to check the tires for fit .

tires are 275/50R15's ... perfect for the rear , but I wanted to check fitment in the front ... there perfect , no rubbing . only 2 so far and I need to fit them on the front to make sure when I run it they dont rub ... but i'm kind of waiting for my new/used front bumper (92ish 4x4 and valance)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looking good. I like the 4x4 fenders on the 2 wheel drive truck. Nice job, it's really coming along.

·
Registered
504 Posts
nice job, woulda looked slick with the round headlights and round fenders

·
Registered
944 Posts
corey
how are the hoods comin along??
i think im gonna need to vent some of my hot air from around my intercooler

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
truck

Hey Yoda_man, is your thuck black with white fenders? and turbo? ex cab with solid front?

·
Registered
616 Posts
i gotta ask, are the 22R 22RE stickers available anywhere, mine was kinda chewed, so i pealed it off insteada painting around it

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KJRogers said:
i gotta ask, are the 22R 22RE stickers available anywhere, mine was kinda chewed, so i pealed it off insteada painting around it
dealer ..... I payed 2 or 3 bucks ...

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well signnal lamps are now in ... and shes almost a driver .

the 275/50r15 are going up front to make room for the huge 295/50r15 for the rear ... should have them on tomorrow ... i'm giddy :D

i'll take my camra

·
Registered
389 Posts
nice verry nice.,...
keeps the pics comin

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks guys ... its commin' ..

got the rear tires mounted now ... and it looks sweet .. but I noticed some staining on the block and wet spots under the engine .. as it happens it was friday the 13th .. anyway , I decided to pull the engine again to see what the problem was ... well to my suprise it turn'd out to be the head gasket . yup it was .

check out the stains ...

this was a seasoned (never machined) block ... in excellent shape , and after machining to my specs ... was perfect .

well thats what ya get I guess with using a aftermarket head gasket .

I checked with enginebuilder.com , where I purchaced the parts , and of course , they came up with all kinds of stuff .. but I KNOW , it was the gasket .. they want me to prepay the part back for warrenty and BLAA BLA BLA ... not interested ...

I bought a new gasket from toyota today

and got er' all back together .
should be back in in the next week or so .

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
ive had similar problems with non toyota head gaskets too (mine was a felpro) lasted 20000kms then poof..... the toyota oem headgasket's are way nicer, materials look to be better quality, no seams in the metal cyclinder surrounds thicker copper around oil passages... etc etc.....

id never ever use anything but an oem headgasket again

1 - 20 of 29 Posts