BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok about 3 seeks ago I did an oil change on my sammi, It had some 20w 50 in there and seemed to work fine, When I did the change I put 10w30 seeing how I am always up the mountain in the colder weather. Well since that change I have been losing oil at a rate of about 1L per gas fill. I don't understand, because I have not noticed any leaks, I am not buring oil and I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary happening accept for my damn Idle is all screwy now, and that didnt' happen as soon as I did the change, that came a little later. But thats a didfferent story., If you want to read that post it is in the general section about a week ago or so called "Carburator Woes"

Does anyone have any suggestions here as to why my sammi is guzzling down the oil like its going out of style.

-Flyboy

------------------
Learnin' Still Learnin' and always learnin'...bare with me!

·
Registered
10 Posts
could be weak oil rings,if you do lots of hwy driving it could be disapating in the air faster than you can see,my dads car does the same thing,no leaks and does not seem to burn any around town at lower eng revs(pontiac firefly)
id probably put the thicker oil back in it.
*this is only one posable cause and an educated guess from what you described so i hope this might shead some light on your problem*

------------------
88 sammy,custom tremclad & rockguard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts