BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
1,269 Posts
When you're posting wheeling locations that are illegal, and your topics start disappearing, that should tell you something. Your topic was deleted by a moderator.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Howdy,

To the above.

I have not posted any illegal 4x4ing locations, so it doesn't make any sense that my topic be removed.
If you assume something is illigal that is not enough.
If you assume, you make an ass out of me and you,..and this board. But I do not assume thing so I will be left out of the above line.

Perhaps if research was done before and the locations were checked out, like I have done,... people would not be assuming places that are not illegal,..are.

Also,..just because a location is not large in size does not make it worth exploring or illegal.

All locations I have posted are in the country/boonies and not illegal.

So I would like an apology.

Words and opinions are not illegal either.

Pulling out a stuck buddy is not illegal.

Being an ass should be.

FIN.

·
Registered
344 Posts
sounds fair to me..if double-barrell-darrell can prove that the areas he post are not illegal then i agree his posts shouldn't have been deleted..

"Perhaps if research was done before and the locations were checked out, like I have done,... people would not be assuming places that are not illegal,..are."

if this is true then cheers to u darryl for backing up your posts..

allan

------------------
93 YJ, 4" lift with 32's.

25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Big Bad Pete:
I think the idea of putting huge cement blocks at the entrance is a great idea, I know my truck will be able to drive over them. :

Isn't what you are saying to do is to enter al illegal area?

FIN

[This message has been edited by double-barrell-darrell (edited January 17, 2002).]

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That comment was referring to Eagle Ridge, which is open to Wheelers. His sugguestion was to put some cement blocks in the entrance so that people can't get stollen vehicles up there anymore to burn them. Perhaps you should read the thread about eagle ridge, and come to one of the meetings to find out more info. Eagle Ridge is a Great place to go wheeling. The locals are pushing the city of Coquitlam to close the area. People have been ditching and burning stolen trucks up there. we are trying to figure out a way to prevent this from happening. If the thieves can't get in there, they won't have the reason to close the area. Eagle ridge is also Crown land and not private property.

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
360 V8, TF-727, NP-205, D44 front, chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker
http://members.shaw.ca/jaretthumphrey

[This message has been edited by Jarett (edited January 17, 2002).]

·
Registered
173 Posts
Jarett,
Just a suggestion if your gonna talk about Eagle Ridge get the location right it's in "Coquitlam" not "New WEstminster"!

------------------
81 Toyota 4X4
It's not pretty but it was free and i'm gonna beat it till it dies!

25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Howdy,

To the above.

Maybe they should do what thay have at Stave.
That guy in the booth.
I think that cement block thing is kind of descriminating though. The size tire you can afford should not be a what allows a person to enjoy the outdoors.
Some people cannot afford highly modified vehicles.
Anyway. I am sure someone must have suggested the Stave idea already.

The sad thing is though 4x4ers are a very small part of the population. Eagle ridge will probably be lost. Just like all the other places. I am sure stave will be on the way out soon.

We are the minority.
It is not a good feeling to be descrimated.
Huh.
I guess what goes around really does come around.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by A Girls Toy:
Jarett,
Just a suggestion if your gonna talk about Eagle Ridge get the location right it's in "Coquitlam" not "New WEstminster"!

That is what I said.............hehe
Thanks for the correction. I must have had a brain fart.

------------------

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
I deleted your posts Darrell. You're not getting an apology.

Empty lot wheeling posts are going to get deleted from now on.

End of transmission.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Maybe instead of blubbering about deleted posts, and cabering on we should all be more centered on "What is gonna happen to Eagle Ridge", cause ya know if it goes the rest of the places will follow in there example so stop wasting your energy on worrying about missing topics and lets put our heads together to save "OUR" land!

just my opinion! and my opinion matters to me!

------------------
81 Toyota 4X4
It's not pretty but it was free and i'm gonna beat it till it dies!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Darrel, Correct me if I am wrong, but those sites you were talking about are either construction sites or empty lots in the city somewhere. Either way they are either owned by an individual, company, or the city. That make them private property, and it is illegal to go on them without permission.

When someone is trying to close one of our wheeling locations, they will look at this board and read the posts that are talking about empty lots to go to and use that to help give us a bad name and help close the location.

I'm sure they may be fun for an hour but when it comes down to it. is going to these places really worth it when doing so will help get the real good spots closed?

my .02

------------------

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
Originally posted by double-barrell-darrell:
...Pulling out a stuck buddy is not illegal...
If you have to trespass on private property to help out a buddy that is stuck, then yes it is illegal.

------------------
Leo
'01 Ford Ranger, BFG M/T's, custom dents and westcoast pinstriping, otherwise completely stock.
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Wil:
I deleted your posts Darrell. You're not getting an apology.

Empty lot wheeling posts are going to get deleted from now on.

End of transmission.
You just apologozed to me in your own way and I accept it.
I am glad empty lot wheelings will be deleted from now on because that does not affect me. I do not post those types of locations.

Also I don't say "end of transmition", I say "END TRANSMITION"
People often try to mimic people they look up to, it is the biggest form of flattery.
I am quite flattered and I do except that as my apology.
I am happy now

You sure know how to cheer a guy up.

END TRANSMITION.

25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by A Girls Toy:
Maybe instead of blubbering about deleted posts, and cabering on we should all be more centered on "What is gonna happen to Eagle Ridge", cause ya know if it goes the rest of the places will follow in there example so stop wasting your energy on worrying about missing topics and lets put our heads together to save "OUR" land!

just my opinion! and my opinion matters to me!

I respect you opinion too.
Eagle ridge is a kinda out of my way, but I do hope you guys save it.
We have already lost our places out here(like strawberry island).
Now I must search for new places. They are hidden but I am sure they are around.

My posts were about finding Langley/Abbotsford 4x4ing locations, I found a few,...locations were growing. With input from others. Then they were deleted.
I wish Eagle Ridge was in my backyard but it is not.
My backyard is different. But I still enjoy it. I am sorry you do not see the value that others have for places that you do not go.

Maybe I will see you out this way sometime in the future when your areas have been closed.

FIN.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Here in North Vancouver I don't have any places . I have to drive a minimum 1 hour to get to anywhere to wheel. It really isn't that bad if it means finding somewhere legit.

Darrel. Just make sure those places you go aren't private property.

------------------

25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Jarett:
Darrel, Correct me if I am wrong, but those sites you were talking about are either construction sites or empty lots in the city somewhere. Either way they are either owned by an individual, company, or the city. That make them private property, and it is illegal to go on them without permission.

When someone is trying to close one of our wheeling locations, they will look at this board and read the posts that are talking about empty lots to go to and use that to help give us a bad name and help close the location.

I'm sure they may be fun for an hour but when it comes down to it. is going to these places really worth it when doing so will help get the real good spots closed?

my .02

Ok, locations I had posted were only a few but they were growing.

One was by the Mt.Lehman exit off the freeway on the way into abbotsford, alot off mud and some trail etc.
A fun place to go after work.
Premission to 4x4 is allowed and the owner often makes new trails with his tread based vehicle. Not very big but not bad. Great for after work. I hae been stuck over my door a few times. I broke 2 18000lb recovery straps there.
It is not in the city.
Then I found a locations behind abbotsford in the middle of no where in an old dumping ground. The were developing some horse trails to the left which was closed off, but in front there are large mud hills and a few trails.
A sign says for all to enjoy but give farm vehicle the right of way. Also the gate closed 1 hour after dark.
Also a fun place after work. Not that big though but due to its 10min from my house it is great for a quick boot. I've been stuck over my tires there too.

Then I found a few trails on sumas mountain where no one goes. They were fun.

There was aposting about the real entrance to sumas mountain. The gate is open and people are allowed.

I was slowly finding more locations. It was growing.

No construction zones, nothing in a city or town. Nothing illegal.
I was told these places are illegal by someone who has never been there.

Its kinda like me telling people Eagle Ridge is illegal even though I have never been there. That is why I got upset.
I don't like people telling me that what I am doing is illegal based on an assumption.
I even stated that the locations were not illegal.

Anyway,...I should probably try and get some work done now.

25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by 1badfordtruck:
If you have to trespass on private property to help out a buddy that is stuck, then yes it is illegal.

That is not a location. That is an opinion. Opinions are not illegal.
I was deleted for locations,...that people assumed were illegal.
My opinions are not illegal.
Neither are yours.

FIN

25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Jarett:
Here in North Vancouver I don't have any places . I have to drive a minimum 1 hour to get to anywhere to wheel. It really isn't that bad if it means finding somewhere legit.

Darrel. Just make sure those places you go aren't private property.

My places were not illegal only my opinions.
I assure you.
I am sure If you had a cool legal spot close to your house you would boot around after work too.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Those sound like some legit places, but I think there were people posting about lots of empty lots.

------------------

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.