BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 87 toyota takes way too long to warm up and its really starting to be a pain in the ass. is there anything i can do to it so it doesnt take 10 minutes to warm up?? help me out please. thanks.

------------------
-Ryan

·
Registered
544 Posts
replace the thermostat.probly only like 15$

------------------
I now collect my pay cheque's from the dark side
I am Blue oval,certified,Fucted!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
depends, if your coolant comes up to normal operating temp or not. if it doesn't, its the thermostat. if it does, i'd try a reverse flush on coolant system. could be blocked heater core.

·
Registered
345 Posts
You can splice in a heater into your cooling system you just plug it into the house. Put it on a timer for like half an hour before you drive (like when you wake up) and it should be warm when its go time

·
Registered
15 Posts
put in a 180 degree stat.

Originally posted by munro:
my 87 toyota takes way too long to warm up and its really starting to be a pain in the ass. is there anything i can do to it so it doesnt take 10 minutes to warm up?? help me out please. thanks.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Is it that your truck doesnt heat up fast enough or the guage doesnt move fast enough, My CJ5 takes about 10 mins to warm up on cold mornings, 6 on an average day.

------------------
Blue 1981 CJ5 31" tires
*Damnit, anyone see where that door went?"

·
Registered
12 Posts
i wouldn't recommend a hotter or cooler thermostat in any situation in a efi anything. the engine is designed to run at a specified temp from the factory, for best fuel economy, performance etc.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Cheapest and easiest fix I know of is a winterfront. Seems obvious so maybe you've already tried that.

------------------
-'74 FJ40,SPRINGOVER 35"BOGGERS,POWER STEERING,FULL CAGE
-'87 HJ60 SOON TO BE SPRUNG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts