BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 91 yj, and whenever i go above about 100km, i hear this roaring noise from the front of my jeep. it not really lound untill you pass a cement barrier and the sound bounces offit; and you can hear it better, then when i slow down i it gets a little bit louder then clunk! it sounds if it's comming from the front? what is it????? i was at canadian tire when i got my new tires and they said my u-bolts looked old and needed to be replaced, could that be it?? they said 240 buck to fix it! that seems a little high. they also said i should replace my whole brake system (1000 bucks), basterds. any help would be much appricated!
thanks
Graham

·
Registered
397 Posts
Could be a lot of things...

Of the top of my head, I'd suspect a broken motor mount. Th eu-bolts are a possibility, but it's more likely to be something else.

What you need is a good visual inspection by someone who knows what they're looking at, and that you trust to give you the straight goods.

Chris

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
DONOT go to crappy tire to get work done on any car. I could tell you stories of someone that I new who used to and still does go there. Basically something that is a reletively small and inexspensive to fix always turns into a costly job if you take your vehicle to there garage. I never ever would let those knuckle heads near my car/truck.:laugh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts