BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddies looking to buy a LC here in Kelowna...

72 FJ40, 123k (I think), bone stock, engine seems strong, tub is gutted from rust and the frame is cracked through near the rear spring perches (both sides)
The guy is asking 1600

Opinions?

------------------
88 4runner, 22RE, stock and slow for now...

·
Registered
56 Posts
now I am no expert but I do know that the steel on those frames is almost a quarter inch thick. In order to be cracked in front of the hangers like that I would say that it has been ABUSED hard. he could probably find one in better shape for less. just my opinion

------------------
wheels, passenger side, roof, drivers side, wheels. am I broken? no . that was fun!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I hiust went through the same thing while looking for another project.
Thats to much money for one thing.
Cruiser frames can rust where that one has rusted, when they do it's junk.
I however do have a very nice frame for sale!!!!!
Walk away from this one, if you want a project try looking for a 75 or newer.
This way you can get the 2F 6cyl with the much better oiling system, ambulance doors, 4-speed tranny, disc brakes, stronger frames, ect.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs,1inch body, 35's, detroit locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, he bought it this afternoon when I was in class

Anyways, he ended up getting it for 1325 and I guess the guy had some landcruiser frames sitting in the yard (like 3-4 of them) and he threw that in as well. Don't know why he didn't mention it earlier though...

Anyone have a project one for me for a cheap price???

------------------

·
Registered
416 Posts
Would your friend maybe want to sell one of thoughs spare frames he got? I am interested in buying one.

------------------
"Born and Bred To Rip and Shred"

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems that I worded my last response wrong..

He got one frame thrown in on the deal. But he said the guy had a couple more in the yard (as well as some steel replacement tubs). I can try to get that guys number if you want. Or you can drop by his shop if you're in Kelowna at all

------------------

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I've got a spare frame , in exellent shape.
It was a 77 FJ40.
Offers???

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs,1inch body, 35's, detroit locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Sorry about the repeated messages.
I guess I was stuttering.

------------------

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by dp:
Sorry about the repeated messages.
I guess I was stuttering.

You can easily delete your messages by clicking on the edit icon (the one that looks like a pencil on paper), checking the Delete? box, typing in your id/pw and then clicking on Submit Now.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

[This message has been edited by lars (edited January 11, 2002).]

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Hey Lars, I didn't know that, thanks.
Worked like a charm!!

------------------

·
Registered
416 Posts
If I could get the name and number of the guy in Kelowna that would be great.I already can get an body for the cruizer for free.Also have a friend out here in Winfield that has steel replacment tubs.You can call me (Carson) at 766-2713 and give me the number or email me at Toychevy at hotmail.com
would prefer if you phoned me though.

------------------

·
Registered
416 Posts
dp just wondering how you would get an frame out here to B.C? Might be interested in your frame but not sure on how to get it here.What would you want for it I have no clue as to what it would be worth,give me some sort of idea.Thanks

------------------

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Where are you exactly?
Near the trans canada?
Trucking the frame isn't very costly if I can find someone to throw it on with a load.

------------------

·
Registered
416 Posts
I am in the Okanagan just 20mins out of Kelowna if you know where that is.I am on Highway 97.How much do you want for the frame?

------------------

[This message has been edited by callan (edited January 12, 2002).]

·
Registered
416 Posts
burnt03 I would like to get the number from you of the guy in Kelowna because it is close and would be easy to get the frame.Email or call me my number is on post above.

dp it is a little far to where you are at but I will keep you in mind.Would prefer to get locally would be way easier.

------------------

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I totally understand the need to source your parts locally.
If you want to know the price just make me a low offer, that would probably be the price.

------------------

1 - 16 of 16 Posts