BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
URGENT! A friend of mine has a 4Runner stranded up in Cache Creek and he is looking for a way to get it back down here to Surrey. Does anyone have a truck/trailer that can get the 4Runner tomorrow night or Sat morning??

A tow co. is going to charge him $400 which he can't afford.

Please reply to this thread or via email ([email protected]) ASAP. Also include your phone number.

Thanks!

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

G

·
My friend has another persons car trailer at his place. It's insured and is a tandem large enough to carry a fullsize truck. I placed a phone call to see if it would be ok to use it, but I had to leave a message.
The owner may want a little something for the use of it, but I don't know for sure.
As soon as I hear back from them I'll post.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but what about a tow-rig?

...lars

------------------

Join | BC4X4 | .com

G

·
No word yet, and as for a tow rig my truck is uninsured, so I can't help you there.
If all else fails I have a fairly solid towbar you could use, if the runner still can roll ok.

G

·
Sorry, just got the call on the trailer, the owner says he's never done anything to the wheel bearings in the 10 years he's had it, so he only uses it around town/short distances. He doesn't want to lend it out for a long haul.
Email me if you need my tow-bar.
JC

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
have you tried to contact u-haul. my buddy flat decked a toyota trekker up from cali. and the trailer only costed 55 bucks to rent. just an idea.

------------------
'93 sahara ~ SOA w/ tuff country springs, np435, twin sticked d20, d44, 9", detroits f+r, hi steer...and a autometer/CJ dash!!!

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by jason mckie:
what happend to the truck can it be fixed there?
Most likely a blown headgasket. My buddy is going to try to drive it home. He's thinking of dropping in another motor (V6) rather than repairing the current V6.

...lars

------------------

Join | BC4X4 | .com

G

·
is it leaking water or oil he could try some iron tight good for water leaks it works well on cummins engines anyway i think lordco carrys it and if not inland kenworth,freightliner will.. it is a very good sealer for stuff like that..

·
Registered
277 Posts
Originally posted by lars:
Most likely a blown headgasket. My buddy is going to try to drive it home. He's thinking of dropping in another motor (V6) rather than repairing the current V6.

...lars

hey lars a few month back I blew my head gasket in between merit and princeton and drove my truck home I had to take lots of water and leave the rad cap off so it would not boil over. Toyotas are good for the long ride home as long as he has water which he should have plent of ie Rivers and creeks around on the way down. he should not have a problem....

hope this helps for the head gasket thing

------------------
[email protected] Coquitlam Crawlers 4x4 club
81 toyo
not much but it's my toy
it's never let me down EVER or should I say until A Girls Toy drove it in!!
remember what we go in with we must come out with even if it is just parts !!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Originally posted by lars:

...lars

I still don't see why you can't just do it there

------------------
Goof
------------------
Hot Wheels Safari Hummer

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Mark is going to buy some Bar's Leak and bring lots of water containers with him.

If anyone heading south on the Fraser Canyon hwy tomorrow sees a grey 4Runner on the side of the road with a BC4x4.COM sticker on the side window, stop and see if he needs help. ;-)

...lars

------------------

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Goof:
I still don't see why you can't just do it there

Well duh! His beer fridge is down here!!!

...lars

------------------

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lars is right. The fridge is here and further more, beer freezes in Cache Creek.

Okay, no laughing if I am on the side of the road in the canyon.

Thanks to anyone who has posted a response here. Always nice to have help and suggestions even if you don't like what you hear...

G

·
i would go with iron tight just because it will do better job for what your needs are bars leak is ok for rads but a head gasket i would go with something a stronger. just my opinion

·
Registered
376 Posts
Lars what your friend needs is a couple of people with BCAA plus memeberships. I figure it would take 2. You can get a one way tow up to 160km and two should do it. Head down as far as it can then meet up with the first person which should get you to Hope or Yale. Drive to Hope or Chilliwack and then meet the next person and your home. I did this once from Merrit to Kelowna (155km). Best of luck.

------------------
Me Tarzan u ? Favorite tool?
Monkey wrench!
I am the original shade tree mechanic

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey one thing I forgot to mention. When your head gasket goes and you are planning on changing you engine it is not ok to run it since the damage is not confined to the engine. All the coolant going out the exhaust will take out your oxy. sensor and your cat. both very expensive. Just my $.02 worth.

------------------
Me Tarzan u ? Favorite tool?
Monkey wrench!
I am the original shade tree mechanic

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Tarzan:
Hey one thing I forgot to mention. When your head gasket goes and you are planning on changing you engine it is not ok to run it since the damage is not confined to the engine. All the coolant going out the exhaust will take out your oxy. sensor and your cat. both very expensive. Just my $.02 worth.

Good point. Hopefully the leak stop he pours into the rad will work.

...lars

------------------

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
FWIW - There is a trailer place right next to Stampede Feed and Tack in Cloverdale (Rainbird trailers?). It's right on #10 Hwy next to the McDonalds. They rent trailers for around $50 per day. Surge brakes so any fullsize truck can pull them.

My trailer won't be here for another couple of weeks or I might be convinced to go.

------------------
Jon B.
'82 CJ7 Some mods (Hers)
'82 CJ7 More mods (His)
'02 Chev 3500 LT D/A

1 - 20 of 22 Posts