BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I Just P/U an 83 S10 Blazer 4x4 Need some Ideas what i'm able to do to build it up? (eg. Tires, lifts, etc) Thanks

------------------
Stock 83 S10 Blazer learning to Build and Play!

·
Registered
66 Posts
You should get a 4" lift with a 3" body lift. Then with a little cutting of the fenders you should be able to fit 33" tires. The main problem with s10's is the wheel wells are so small so you almost always have to cut the fenders to fit larger tires. Also you might want to swap in a solid axle in front. Independent suspension sucks. Hope that helps.

------------------
76 Jimmy 4" lift,3" body lift, 37" tires,lights and other great stuff.
www.user.dccnet.com/vinsimo/4x4.html

·
Registered
608 Posts
I would recomend A solid axle swap. That is what I did on my 83 s10 pu and I love it. I used a dana 30 off a yj. Do you have a 4 door? Check out s10-4x4.com

·
Registered
145 Posts
take off the body and put it on a full size blazer or 1 ton chevy frame, shortened of course. 14bolt and d60 front, 4" lift and your set to hit any trail. a lot of work though. look at white knights rig. it kicks some mean a**.

white knight good job with the swap. it looks wicked. a little to big for my likings, i'm a rockcrawler, but kick a**. good job.

steve
westcoast rockhuggers offroad club

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey Thanks.
It is on the "bigger" side

The knight took 3 months of non stop work to build.
You're talking major mods .

Looking at getting beadlocked this winter.

If you're just starting out with an S-10 I would start on the smaller end of the scale.
4" lift and 33's you'd have fun with.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.whiteknight.scriptmania.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.whiteknight.scriptma
nia.com
</A>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.