BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to write it all out again,so if you juys wouldn't mind looking at the general message page. It is all explained.

Thank you!

------------------
Hey! If it's broke put more money into it, it may not have worked last time, but it should now!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
First off, check all connections, and battery voltage, even new batteries die.
Are you using the cable Warn supplied with the winch?
I would go one better and use welding cable.
Use the shortest length of cable possible.
If you didn't send the winch up in smoke chances are cheesy connections are ruining your day.
But make sure the winch is properly spooled in under load.
Don't run out 20ft of cable and expect max pulling power, especially if it's not spooled on the drum tight.
Use a snatch block to help double the winch's power. 6000lbs sounds like a lot but it's just the bare minimum of what you need.
Loaded down and buried in the mud will stall a 6000lb winch quickly,get a snatch block to conserve the motor and battery.
A high output alt or even the factory setup doesn't really affect winching power.
The winch will draw more amps than any alt can produce, the better alternators will however charge the battery quicker.
Look at your connections, you will most likely find your problem there.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs,1inch body, 35's, detroit locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts