BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wait until you see the Dana 300. I'm not sure if the input is the same length on all (actually I think it is shorter on Jeep's vs Scouts), but the adapter from Advance Adapters runs about $300.

Don't waste your money!!, the stock bearing retainer can easily be modified, and then you just replace the input shaft bearing with a sealed bearing. Total cost about $30. This is definitely true of the Scout Dana 300, and probably the Jeep version too.

If using the Scout Dana 300, you will need a 5/16-1/2" spacer ring to bolt up to your AX15. Leach Machine in Vic will make you one with indexing to clock the case up for about $120. The Scout Dana 300 will still seal properly on the back of the tranny as it has the longer input shaft. The Jeep versions need a seal extension if using the clocking ring(basically a very thin walled tube to slip tightly over the input shaft)

BTW
Sorry I didn't get back to you with a price on the Dana 300 I had, turns out we'll be keeping it for a new project

Dave

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no problem about not getting back to me about the price...
so i don't need an adapter.....yes it is the jeep dana 300 case, so i wown't need the spacer or what??? i'd like it so i could move it up outa the way and make a custom skid plate,for better clearance...i'm thinking of doing it all at once....(scout axles,dana 300,springover...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts