BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddie has an 82 toyota! Last night we went through a road block and got slaped with a class 2 inspection for the rust in his box! So we're looking for a short box that will fit an 82 toyota!
Thanks Greg!

------------------
to be old and wise, you first must be young and stupid

·
Registered
144 Posts
Are you talking about arpad's reddish truck?

If so that box is a complete write off, other than that the truck seemed to be in decent shape. It wasnt as bad as my box but it will not last too long. ALl the seams are rusted and full of holes.

Time for a flat deck.

Forgot to tell him phone corvette hyoldings in Langford - they deal only with toyotas.

Also he'lll have to fix the holes in the fron wheel well - drivers side and might need a back bumper.

------------------
470,800 and rising
I am the black cloud of somke that flies by at 3500rpm!
(Please note diesel smoke is dangerous so lay off the throttle!)

[This message has been edited by Mrdiesel (edited January 19, 2002).]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it it arpads truck! He dosn't want a flat deck??? That's what I told him! The rust has eatin through in a few spots but the bed is still pretty solid it won't be failing off! MrDiesel how did you know it was arpads?

------------------

·
Registered
144 Posts
That box is a lost cause - not as bad as my old one but it is beyond trying to fix up. Fiberglass is not an option!!! Personally I think he paid too much for the work he'll have to put into it.

I'm related to Cleo so I read your mind or else I saw it at Subway after he got the notice you decide which one is the truth!

Who are you, I know we've met you but I can't put a name to the face.

------------------
470,800 and rising

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know who you are now! The Port Alberni through me off! Ya I'm know looking at a toyota it's in mint condition and the guy only want's $1500! It's an 81 has a few more kms than arpads but the old lady that owned it before used it for painting so it hasn't been beatin offroad! Ya I was at subway with him my name is Greg Henault

------------------

·
Registered
144 Posts
I missed the shawnign trip , Arpad definately paid too much for his truck seeing the work that needs to be done but it is definately a workable truck, heard he wrecked the t-case, just helped greg weld up his muffler after the 80kmh crash.

------------------
470,800 and rising

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya it won't go out of two wheel drive! Least he didn't get stuck in 4 wheel low or somthing! We made it home anyway!

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.