BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my toy axels for my sammie but the problem is I want at least 10 inches of lift
and I was told that sammie drive shafts won't be able to stand up to that much lift it would not have enough opperating range.
So I want to switch to toy ones I know you can take the front drive shaft off a toy and put it on the back of my sammie but what do I do for the front.
Second what do I do about a toy t case should I swap for more options later or and go toy now or should I stay with a suzuki and just go 4:1
I will be running a VW 1.6td and will have to use a suzuki tranny so can I attach a suzuki tranny to a toy t case. I also need to know what mods have to be done if I change to a toy t case
WHAT SHOULD I DO HELP!!!!
Thanx Chubby

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
How much HP does the diesel put out?
I'd stay with the sammy case for now, it won't eat up as much power.
I know this is off topic, but would'nt a 16 valve suzuki engine be an easier swap?

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1inch body, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
well how about swapping all toyota parts. motor,tranny xfer and axles/driveshafts

right now im working of buying an 85 (to part out). we could work out a deal if interested?
email me [email protected]

------------------
i didnt break it, i was just testing its durability

83 toyota SB/22re swap/11 inch lift/5:29/33x12.5/centerforceIII/American Racing rims/smittys front and rear/89 4runner seats lots of chrome and a flexible rear window

[This message has been edited by gumbom (edited January 22, 2002).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts