BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In about a mounth I am getting a 4" suspension lift, 2" shackle, and a 3" body. on my YJ. and going to put 35x12.50's under it. i really want to know all y'all's thoughts and suggestions. good or bad

------------------
95'YJ (my toy)
83'CJ8 (Staying stock)

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
You might wanna get gears before putting on 35 inch tires. Unless you like having the most capable looking vehicle around that bogs down on the first hill.

------------------
Dan
91 Cherokee, Slightly Wrinkled.
69 Ford, big tires.
72 Datsun 510, old and ugly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i'm already geared at 411, should i go lower, even though i'm putting a 327 in it, in a few months?

------------------
95'YJ (my toy)
83'CJ8 (Staying stock)

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by Waterlogged:
In about a mounth I am getting a 4" suspension lift, 2" shackle, and a 3" body. on my YJ. and going to put 35x12.50's under it. i really want to know all y'all's thoughts and suggestions. good or bad
I don't think you need that much lift to fit 35" tires. IN fact, I know you don't.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd say take it slow and do your homework...learn about all known bugs with the system before setting it up. I did that with my XJ and I'm so happy. I could have gone to 8" but I did what was not only affordable, but I went to the highest lift I could get away with and not kill the Jeep.

Biggest question...How well do you know your rig?

------------------
Phil M. - Kent, WA
95 XJ Sport w/Stuff
"Who cares about a list of crap, can you drive it?"

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with Lars, the 4" lift and 1" body lift is all you need, Maybe some fender trimming. Definitly no shackle lift , anything more then 3/8" or so shackle lift will screw up you handling. Any more then a 1" body lift will cause stress cracks in the body and cracks around the body mount holes( and it look ridiculous,IMO).
If you really want to be that tall, you may want to consider a SOA.

------------------
PYRO@
Big Island RockCrawlers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay how about just getting a 6" suspension and a 1" body? with 35x12.50

------------------
95'YJ (my toy)
83'CJ8 (Staying stock)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm with PYRO, get a 2.5 in lift kit and spring it over. If I was you I'd go 4" springs sprung over with 1" body and get a set of 38.5 SX's That'd be way cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts