BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow! Awesome site folks...! Melikes.

Anyways, recently bought a new black 2k2 TJ APEX Special Edition I6 5spd, and I've slowly been convincing the wife-to-be that mods are going to make us both happy, and she's buying it!! ;) :cool:

Love every minute I'm in the thing...and can't wait for more. Although I have no idea where I can go, and more importantly, where I'm allowed to go without getting fined big-time. Any ideas, maps, directions, tips on this site? I live in Kits btw.

Cheers! Glad to be here. :)

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Have a look in the Trail forum for trail run information. I would say that all the planned runs in there are legal, if you see a place you'd like to go, don't be afraid to ask if a stock TJ could keep up!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Ya...I have no problem asking stock-TJ questions, 'cause I'd rather not destroy it. I lost my folish pride the day I got engaged...I still have the pride...just not the foolish kind. ;)

Hope to see somebody on the trails soon. :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Rob welcome to the board, where in Kits do you live? I also live in kits, if you'll like to go wheeling sometime, drop me a line. it would be cool to meet you since 99.9 % of Jeeps in Kits don't see the trails, maybe I can help convince the wife with the mods. I also have a friend who has a TJ on 35s, maybe you can get some ideas from him. I have a YJ but they're not too different besides the suspension.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool!

I'm on Arbutus/11th and would love to go riding sometime. Check my detes for my email addie.

Btw...I've convinced her mods are good...but she is too much in tune with the good-side of the force, and doesn't understand that patience isn't an option when you know what you want right now! plus the fact that the Darkside can be so much fun! :D

The (unbearably stock) TJ's getting there slowly but surely though.

Ttyl.
Cheers!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
37"s?? Eeek! Ya sure ya wanna roll with me? ;)

Btw...I wave at every Jeep...although I have to admit forgetting some of the XJs. :eek:

What color? My TJ is black with the Apex decals on the hood...

Cheers!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Take the big leap and head up to Jeep Jamboree at Apex Mountain July 26 - 28. All Jeeps from bone stock to full load modifications with trails to match all levels. Also a good place to check out Jeep modifications.

Rob Hogg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome dude!

I have a WJ and live in False Creek. Stones throw away :D

I hang in Kits at the King's Head on some weekends. You can spot my Jeep with the yellow tow hooks and yellow Warn shackle.

You'll have tons of fun with your TJ - I'll be sure to wave if I see ya around.

Jeep 101 at the Jeep Jam is a good place to start off-roading.

Ken
'99 WJ

·
Registered
722 Posts
Keno, haven't seen your WJ around yet, I live just around the corner of King's Head, what kind of mods do you have on your Jeep? I also have a 95 ZJ LTD with 2" BB and 31s. Would love to see what you've done to your WJ. My ZJ's a daily driver and for work so I'll be keeping it with just those mods.

Rob, my Yj is also black and has a big ass Warn decal that covers 3/4 of the hood, you won't miss it. Can't say I've seen you around yet, actually, I've never even seen an Apex edition TJ. BTW, are they 4 or 6 cylinders?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Jeep always does a little "Blah" edition TJ, in 2000 it was Trail edition, which is what I bought. He's a 6 cyl :)

Hey scully, how in the hell is he going to see what's on your hood???!?!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya...mine's a 6cyl 5spd.

The APEX SE is simply some extra options that the TJ Sport doesn't have, but a few less then the Sahara has. goto jeep.ca and check the link.

I was going to try buying some goodies today at NSOR but they were closed when I got there...it was almost 5pm so if they were open, they probably left early. 1st time ever there, and I peeked inside...and OMG!!! I thought it was Christmas in July! That place is going to make me very very poor I think. hehehe...can't wait! :)

Now I know where you guys hang out...maybe I'll see you there one night. Tonight's my honey's birthday dinner...so I'm taking her to a real nice place.

Btw...I was just about to book for the Jamboree knowing that my bank acct wouldn't like it at all, and realized next year is best for me. #1 I'm not ready at all, and #2 I got Seinfeld tix for her birthday and that's next Friday night (26th). I unfortunately can't swing it. Hope you guys have a blast though! I'm sure you will :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Rob, when you go to NSOR, make sure you talk to Yasu and mention BC4x4.com. You'll get a nice discount on your stuff.
What are you looking for anyways? Maybe some one here on the board might have some for sale, Try the Jeep for sale section.

·
Registered
860 Posts

yeah man, come to the jeep jamboree...that's possibly three of us now???

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry...I can't go this year. I wish I could, but it's impossible for me to squeeze in this time...

Besides, you guys are driving up Thursday afternoon? That would be another problem for me and the fiancee. Jobs and all, ya know.

Ah well...next year we're gonna make a trip out of it...that is if we get back from the wedding on time (getting married next summer in Montreal...but the date's not firmed up yet).

Have fun guys...
Cheers!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts