BC 4x4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello BC off-roaders. I'll be in the Okanagan Valley for the entire wheeling season, and I'm looking for some interesting trails in or around the area. I know that each province has their own restrictions when it comes to off-road travel, so I want to make sure that I'm doing it "by the book." I don't want to be that guy who causes problems for the local enthusiasts.
I've looked through the forum, but don't see a lot of recent activity. Is anybody using this message board any longer?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Andy_P

First of all, welcome to the forum. The forum isn't used as much as it was. It's died off quite a bit in the past several years, although it's still a good reference when trying to search for answers. I'm living out on the West Coast so I don't know too much about wheeling in the Okanagan valley. The rules are pretty much the same across the province. Clean up after yourself. Pack out what you pack in. Leave sites in the same condition or better as you found them. Respect other people's property, etc. It's just basic common sense. Oh, and the most important one is Never go out alone. If something happens, you'll have a long walk back into civilization. My advice for you when searching out trails is to get yourself a copy of "Back Roads maps" for the Okanagan valley. It has all the major back country routes, tips for travelling, points of interest and campsites. It will cost you about $20 and it's worth it. Also keep in mind that we have had some pretty bad fire seasons in the last couple of years so keep an ear out around the end of June into July and August. Last year they shut down and closed up the back country to everyone. This year could be the same, so be careful with any open flames or sparks. Carry a fire extinguisher or 2 if you can. Most regions in BC have 4X4 groups that like to go out. Out here we have the Sunshine Coast Off road club. You can even try the 4 wheel drive association of BC. www.4wdabc.ca/forum/ They have members spread across the province. They are great to go hang out with and extremely knowledgeable when it comes to wheeling. I hope this helps you out a little bit. Have fun, enjoy the back country and be safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts