BC 4x4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've been 4x4ing a bunch of times with friends in there rides. Mainly trucks and couple jeeps. Jeeps rock! Now I'm thinking about getting a starter 4x4 like a used grand cherokee 5l v8, perhaps something else maybe, throwing sum upgrades at it to test the water and then eventually get a jeep wrangler. Can anybody help me out, about pros and cons about the grand Cherokee. Good/bad idea, easy to upgrade, repairs, any thing info that wud be useful? Thanx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was thinking about 2005 grand cherokee limited... forgot to mention that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One thing to consider is how knowledgeable your nearest mechanic is with the future jeep you want - it saves the hassle of figuring things out when repairing gets tough.
Ya I ditched the idea of a cherokee and bought a 2007 jk. It already has some mods like 4.56 gears and armor... I put on a 12000lb winch. 37 inch tires.. Took it off road and I'm deffinatley gonna need a bigger front axle... I heard a huge bang... while rock crawling... axles are fine... they didn't snap... but pretty sure I chipped a tooth on the front dana 30... I'm thinking either a prorock or curry 44... any suggestion guys??? The cost of those 2 are quite a bit. I would like something that's strong but somewhat reasonable price tag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts