BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Michael,

I've had experience with the Nexen N2000 which I did not like at all (I barely got 2 summers out of them) and WinGuard SUV 235/65/R16. As odd as it may seem I have had the WinGuards on my '01 Montana since Oct/2007. Not only are they very good in the snow,,, I was impressed with how well they grip in the rain so I kept running them year round. I'm not sure of the mileage on them but they are holding up surprisingly well having run them over 2 years straight with regular use for work. Judging by the tread left I will not be surprised if I get another 2 full years out of them.

Rick...

Edit:
As canaboost mentioned,,, Wallmart.
National Tire Wholesale in Delta also carries them. It's a decent place with good service. I've been going there for a few years now for my "normal" vehicles. They don't do large rock crawler type tires.
You might want to ask for Phil. He's a decent fellow to work with. If you want good service don't tell him I sent you.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Well they have some types of Nexens on the shelf at Walmart so they must be good

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
A ran some Nexen 225/60/16's on my T-bird (can't remember what style, but slightly performance rated). They lasted me 3.5 years, burn-outs and drifting included. They were a good all around tire, wet and dry, and smooth at 140km/h+. I paid $65 each for them (wholesale), so I'd give them a "good bang for the buck". And yes, National is a distributor of them.

I'm now on some Falken ZE512's, 235/60/16, and they perform pretty much the same, except I paid a tad more for them. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.