BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a Nissan pick up 4x4 extended cab with new tires, brakes, exhaust, a bunch of engine parts and a canopy. The only thing holding me back is the 235,000 km. I don't know much about Nissans. Do they usually last much longer than that? And is 5000 too high?

G

·
Year? Model? Body in good shape? Burn any oil? etc,etc,etc...

Personally, I havent heard any horror stories about Nissans. There may be aftermarket parts availability issues, but if you are just buying the truck to drive and not wheel that wont be an issue.

PS: I bought my 88 Toy 4x4 for 5 grand last year and it had 239,000 kms on the clock!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1992 Nissan Hustler also a new clutch the body is in pretty good shape i am buying it as a first truck i need something cheap to get started with i will likely use it for some offroading if i do buy it, any suggestions for first modifications to make it a more practical 4x4?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nissan

I've had my stock 85 Nissan 4x4 extended cab for 10 years now.
no lift, no winch, no big tires (I've got 235s on it) and I have been everywhere I have ever wanted to go with it.

It's got 222,000 km on it now.

I had to replace the original clutch last year and get some body work done.

To tell you the truth, if I were you I'd look for something with lower milage. Mine is starting to show its age.

I paid $5,000 for mine with less than 100,000 km on it.

Great truck

G

·
Depending on the type of wheeling you are in to I suggest a good set of Mud-terrain tires. Dont go all out and buy "Super Swampers" or some other highly aggresive brand. Look for a decent set of BFG muds or perhaps Goodyear MT/Rs. Dont forget that the Big O tire brands have a kick ass tire warranty. I personally run Big O XT tires simply for the warranty. They are more of an all-terrain tire than a full on mud tire, but they suit the terrain that I drive most.

·
Registered
83 Posts
One thing to be aware of is that the Nissan has a weaker front end than some others. Be sure to have it checked out by a reputable shop. Good luck.

G

·
Mainly snow eh? Well, I would suggest an All Terrain tire then. Mud tires dont seem to grip the snow and ice exceptionally well. BFG All Terrains or similar would probably suit you best.

·
Registered
920 Posts
nissans are great man, 200ks or so is nothing. my pathy has 235000 and is still running like new despite all the hell i put her thru. you'll run into trouble with lifting the ifs but other then that i've never really needed a lift on mine. always went wherever i wanted without complaining. luv it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts