you say stay clear? that don't sound good I was thinking of going with his coil set up any input, don't know much about them do they do good work? I called them about 2 months ago, very pricey,NEED INPUT!!!!!!
hey.... just curious... but why stay clear of No Limit??... I've had a few things done there with no problems... no coils though... maybe he doesn't do good coils or something... got to admit though that I don't like him but I feel he is pretty cheap and knows samauri's really well... any info would be great!
I think rio is a alright guy. about 2 years back i went and talked with him, and he knows quite a bit of stuff.he has sold myself a "Hard to find" T.C. flange which i could not find anywhere.I think most people don't like him cause of personal reasons.???? His coil setup is kind of strange
,but it works well. And his twin cam swaps seen to be very clean. Thats my thoughts.
yeah... I have the Twin-Cam in my sammy and it works very well... along with all the other stuff he has done to the truck... I think it's just the people that go to breeze that don't like him becuase of some war of words or something... but I would like to hear the opinions of the guys who said stay clear..... ?!?!?!
I usually refrain from non-factual, personally opinionated and non-quantifiable postings, especially about other people.
The main reason for this is that many times people will tell you somebody else’s already biased opinion (usually their “trusted” friend’s) and repeat it as their own they know for sure. That’s how rumors are spread.
I believe everyone must make their so-called OWN choices and form their OWN opinion based on their OWN experience. By posting this very message I guess I am going against what I believe, but I feel I cannot sit back and look at people making blanket statements, dissing someone (which is always easy) without justifying why.
I will speak of my own and my own only experience, not something I was told or overheard. Please take it fr what it is. It is just MY opinion and experience I try not to imply on others, but there is newbies on this site and they are hungry for any advice or opinion, so here is one from me:
1. I personally heard directly from some (will remain unnamed) shop owners that Reo’s work, namely coil setup trucks are unsafe and they have hi roll over potential due to the design (lots of body roll) and that his truck’s weave all over the road and cannot be kept straight.
2. I personally have seen Reo build a truck with the coil set up for my friend and I personally frequently drive it.
3. In MY personal opinion the truck is perfectly safe, to drive Does not have excessive body roll (unless you are driving with the Rancho 9000’s on the soft settings, when it is you that is acting unsafe), and the truck track perfectly straight on the Highway, as opposed to OTHER people’s opinions mentioned in pt. 1
4. I personally did not hear Reo put down other people’s work to sell his product, something I experienced myself from others.
5. Reo does have interesting personality and can get emotional about issues, especially when he hears the examples of the above-mentioned rap. He also gets excited about projects he works on and likes what he does for living, not taking what he does for granted. That what makes him different from many “just another day in a shop…” places.
6. I just left MY truck in his shop yesterday for some major mods, so I am not just shooting my mouth off.
7. I HATE THE POLITICS.
If you didn't roll it, you havn't tried hard enough!