BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a '92 4Runner with a stock front end (IFS). I have added Rancho shocks front and back, and cranked the torsion bars to compensate for the 1 1/2 inch lift from rear OME coils. My question is, now that I'm obviously stressing my torsion bars (they creak like nobody's business), can I replace them with front coils? How about a coil-over-spring system. Is there one for the 4Runner? Or, if I'm just going to replace the stock tors bars with aftermarket ones, which brands are best?

Thanks!

------------------
"Look, just gimme some inner peace or I'll mop the floor with ya!"---Homer Simpson

·
Registered
9 Posts
if u are goin to go thru the trouble to do that u may as well SAS it and do teh minimum 3 inch for x over steereing. oh the tweekin of the t bars will cause u to break more parts if u go off road, not to mention wear out part more quickly

Drew

------------------
your right i dont understand that Jeep thing

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just something to check, is the creaking only when your wheels are turned tight and hitting bumps. There are steering stops you can see if you crawl under your truck, turn your wheel as far as you can and then see where they are touching. There are supposed to be plastic caps on them but they wear out. Put some grease on them (all 4) and see if the creaking stops.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts