BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the 6 bolt "married" facemount on the NP203 a Univerasal mount that fits to all makes of truck transmissions that use that transfer case, and is the mount the same as that used for the NP205? Also does the NP205 accept a universal PTO?

My '78 Chev3/4 ton has never had time for off farm playing but I've recently sold the farm and need some good excuses to keep "Pegassis" and three tandem axle trailers.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The Chev. and dodge front pattern are the same for the NP203's, I don't have a Ford one to compare to. However the chevy input sticks out about 1" further than the Dodge input, and the splines for Dodge is 23/ Chev.27/ and Ford31. Chev also has a 10 and 32 spline I believe (32spline for sure).
Rumour has it that if a PTO will fit an NP203, it will fit an NP205 as well (not confermed personaly tho).

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I don't recall the pattern on the Dodge/GM NP203. I suspect its an irregular 6-bolt pattern.

What I do know is I have personally mated a 4L80E/NP241 adapter to a Ford (married style) NP203. There is only a minor difference on the rotation index - the 203 shifter would not be exactly vertical, perhaps 10 degrees off.

To attach the GM tranny, you would need a different input and perhaps a spacer, or cut the tranny tailshaft down (I never took it this far so I don't know).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.