BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Unregistered Abuser
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you EB guys have an in cab picture of an NP435 that has been mated to an EB drive train...

I’d like to get an idea of how much of the floor/firewall needs to be hacked up in order to fit the NP...

:******* :violin

·
Registered
276 Posts
I can check mine tomorrow, but I have a 3" body lift and as I remember I had to cut the floor a bit to clear the top of the trans where the shifter pokes out. I had to make the factory hole in the floor about 6" in diameter.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The easiest way is to cut out the full top pannel, (leaving a flange to re attach to) and make an aluminum cover plate after you know where to put the holes. Unfortunately the shift tower comes up under the body brace, so if you cut it out you should weld a piece of steel across to give it back some rigidity, especially if you drive on rough roads. My body nearly disintegrated the first time I took it to the sand dunes with the 435:*******

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you'd go with an auto, you wouldn't have these problems. Maybe Enrico and me will come over with his sawzill, tinsnips and a case of beer and get the job done for ya.

·
Unregistered Abuser
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
broncoless said:
... Maybe Enrico and me will come over with his sawzill, tinsnips and a case of beer and get the job done for ya.
That would be a pleasant change for once... :D ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts