BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am at Idle or even goin down the road sometimes the engine will cut out. I think it may be the TPS and if so how much do you guys and gals pay for one. BTW its a 1990 Cherokee 4 liter with an auto. Thanks All!

------------------
"WHAT!"
--Stone Cold

·
Registered
53 Posts
Originally posted by XJ_Junkie II:
When I am at Idle or even goin down the road sometimes the engine will cut out. I think it may be the TPS and if so how much do you guys and gals pay for one. BTW its a 1990 Cherokee 4 liter with an auto. Thanks All!

What exactly does it feel like when it cuts out? Like the truck is running out of fuel?, or just flat dies, no sputtering. Don't condemn the TPS sensor yet. Theres too many variables to look at that might be simpler. Check yor ign. wires. Sometimes they get corroded at the distributor cap and the corrosion can cause a no start, lack of power, and even stalling intermittantly. Just pull the wires off one by one and see. When was the last time you changed your fuel filter? Unfortunately you cannot see inside it. So change it if you have'nt in while. It could very well have picked up a lot of crap from a bad tank of gas. Who knows right?
Is your emmissions/SES/maintenance light on? Hope this helps out. Todd

------------------
90 YJ, W.W.O.R.T. in house mechanic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts