BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Most places are $20. Quicki Lube, Minit Lube. Still, I wouldn't let somebody else do it. It takes all of about 15min to crawl under there and do it. Just do it out on the street. My strata didn't want you doing it in the garage but if you do it on the street what can they do. But if you must just go to one of the oil change places. A shop will cost you twice as much.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quibbler said:
I would do it but the strata says no. And instead of finding some place else to do it sometimes is easier to pay the money.

Strata says no?

I just don't understand home ownership these days.

Go get on the Strata council, and change the by-law. Else, do it on the front lawn/grass where they haven't specifically stated not to perform oil changes.

That's just sounding far to ludicris.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Quibbler said:
I would do it but the strata says no.
So this is what I have to look forward to when I get a career, wife, and house?

Fawk that. I'll keep my freedom, thank you very much. I'm guessing they choose the type of grass your lawn has to be and you get fined for having it higher than two inches?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Rude said:

So this is what I have to look forward to when I get a career, wife, and house?

Fawk that. I'll keep my freedom, thank you very much. I'm guessing they choose the type of grass your lawn has to be and you get fined for having it higher than two inches?
well depends..not all apartments/town houses have starata's but if they do u pretty much have to ask the "strata" if u can do anything...hence why i prefer to own a house...:D

allan

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I wouldn't have bothered to ask strata if I can change my oil. I woulda done it and claimed I didn't know if they told me I wasn't suppose to. and hey, you gotta a garage that the door closes? if so then just pull in and close the door, they dont know what your doing inside YOUR garage then

·
Registered
192 Posts
big jeep'n said:

well depends..not all apartments/town houses have starata's but if they do u pretty much have to ask the "strata" if u can do anything...hence why i prefer to own a house...:D

allan
You checked the market in Bralorne lately? Cheap. cheap cheap cheap. Heck, you could do an oil change in the middle of Main St in the nude and nobody would care.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.