BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello olsen brothers are you out there? i'm runnung toyota mini truck stuff in my 86 sammy and want to go to disk brakes in the back but the toyota master is a 4 bolt design and sammy is only 2,so i thought to my self,self why not change boosters as well? toy boosters are lots bigger and would neet to move the steering and throttle cable. is there an easier way?????

·
Registered
382 Posts
SEN? what the heck is that????
Ben uses a GMC manual master cylinder in his Diesel powered LJ he fabbed up a billet aluminum adapter plate to bolt it to the firewall.
I use a stock toy master and booster but I am running 2- piston calipers from a 2wd toy truck aplication, you do not need 4 piston calipers on the rear axle in a suzuki !

ben is using Nissan 280Z rear calipers (single piston) and he stops great too

try the rear disc swap using the 2-piston calipers first ,then see if the master cyl. bags out, they are a 7/8 bore just like the toyota just the stroke is much shorter. also you may end up needing to swap the entire Toy pedal assy to achieve the correct leverage to move the Toy master cyl. enough....
BTW the 2-piston
2wd toy calipers will bolt right up to Dan's brackets the bolt pattern and fasteners are the same...

------------------
1948 WILLYS flatfender/toyota
Soon to require a Mile -per - year speedometer http://www.ottindustries.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was planning on 2 wheel drive stuff but don't you need to change from a rear drum style master to a disk type or can i still use my sammy booster and master,the petal travels a bit with the 4 piston front calipers but it does'nt come that close to bottoming.i'm also interested in some of your products but would like to sit down and talk to you guys, do you still come out to mission much?i remember you 2 from your school days!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was planning on 2 wheel drive stuff but don't you need to change from a rear drum style master to a disk type or can i still use my sammy booster and master,the petal travels a bit with the 4 piston front calipers but it does'nt come that close to bottoming.i'm also interested in some of your products but would like to sit down and talk to you guys, do you still come out to mission much?i remember you 2 from your school days!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is this the only way of getting ahold of you guys? how about a phone number?if you don't want to put on here then please call me so we can talk about your products an what to do with my sammy. 604 855 8517

·
Registered
382 Posts
will call you, sorry I've been sick last couple of days...

------------------
1948 WILLYS flatfender/toyota
Soon to require a Mile -per - year speedometer http://www.ottindustries.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts