BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here run OME shocks and care to share their opinions with me on them (include spring info too please!) i hear lots of good things about their springs, but a lot of the applications i've seen them used in person, they've been paired with other brand shocks (i.e. Rancho etc. )

I was just curious how their shock reputation compared to their spring's favorable rep.

------------------
-James-
1988 YJ Laredo
[ ] | || || || [ ]

*Support the site, I click the banner adds every time I visit bc4x4.com*

·
Registered
16 Posts
I run ome shocks and rubicon express springs on my tj and I am extreamly pleased with the ride.

The only thing i don't like is that where normally you would see a shock boot or just the rod, it is covered with a metal tube. This works great for keeping out the dust, but when you rotate you rear end back to get the correct pinion angle( to install a cv driveshaft), the spring plates on your rear end hit the shock body.

normally with other shocks you would just invert the shock so that the rod is on the bottem giving you more clearance.
with a ome shock you would have to buy and install shock re-locators, which would be more money and lose ground clearance.

I put a ford 8.8 in the back of my jeep and its pretty precise where you mount your shock mounts to to keep the top of the shock from hitting exhaust/gas tank/ frame.

If you don't understand what im mumbling about shoot me a pm and i'll try to explain better

·
Silverback
1,270 Posts
badams said:

The only thing i don't like is that where normally you would see a shock boot or just the rod, it is covered with a metal tube. This works great for keeping out the dust, but when you rotate you rear end back to get the correct pinion angle( to install a cv driveshaft), the spring plates on your rear end hit the shock body.

You mean 'the piston rod is protected from gravel spray by a strong metal cylinder to ensure years of smooth, trouble-free operation through rugged use on forest service roads.....'?

I've run OME shocks for 6 years. Have a set in my bedroom waiting to go into the new TJ.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts